****** glove box hinge

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
Today the glove box hinge decided to give up and give up on me, I will post some Photos later, can the hinge be replaced on its own of or is it a whole new glove box unit? Also if it is a new unit can I swap my glove box front over?

Posted from my iPhone 4

thanks sandra, will have a look at this,

Lots if useful stuff in the faqs thread thanks to Quattrojames and all his hard work. Hope it works Turkster. :) x

Just replaced mine, you can just replace the glove box lid (the hinge is part of the lid). Got mine from TPS. It was £87 plus the dreaded VAT.
Getting the pivot pins out was a bit awkward but it's fairly straight forward.

Last edited:
I repaired mine as per Quattrojames's guide and seems to be going strong 6 months later. I also had to prize apart the two skins of the lid to repair the catch mechanism, so was able to use nuts to make the hinge repair stronger, then glued it back together with araldite..that lid is very well (over) engineered!

I repaired mine as per Quattrojames's guide and seems to be going strong 6 months later. I also had to prize apart the two skins of the lid to repair the catch mechanism, so was able to use nuts to make the hinge repair stronger, then glued it back together with araldite..that lid is very well (over) engineered!

Does that mean, if i was to find another glove box of a different colour then i could swap my grey door front over to make it all match again ?