Glove box hinge bracket

A7788

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been looking at DIY glove box fixes and although there are many good guides I see most of the guys in the US use a steel bracket (Audi B6 S4/A4 DIY: Glove Box Hinge Repair) Has anyone on here made these at all, or know of where I can buy a set?

I haven't got the facility or time (but mostly patience) to be able to make these so wondering if anyone on here can help?

photo4-3.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo2-5.jpg

photo1-5.jpg

or if there is a better way of fixing this, I'm all ears :)

You'll not be able to buy a purpose made bracket, as far as I'm aware at least.

The bracket can be shaped from an angled shelf bracket very simply. It will take you long to remove the glovebox etc than make the bracket. If you want to spend money then a new glovebox is the only way really.

Glovebox010.jpg

Thank you! Just found your thread on fixing it - sorry was being lazy :p

I'll give it a go this weekend.

I tried this method but the bracket tended to flex slightly and the glove box never shut properly. I also tried epoxy resin but it just broke again after a couple of weeks.
In the end I just bit the bullet and ordered a new lid through TPS and a new damper, cost about £100 and it now works perfectly.

I drilled mine through then pressed a dowel through with a load of epoxy resin and mine is holding strong, been over a year

I also disconnected the hinge damper as this had gotten stiff which is what I think causes the hinge to break

if you look at my started threads, you'll see one titled "Do this today and save yourself £100" or similar, its shows you how to lubricate and trim the O ring in the damper to prevent this happening.

I'll link to it when I get home if needs be. I think if you remove the damper there would be no mechanism in place to soften the drop of the lid, which might make it more vulnerable to further breakage.

Yer I did see that, just couldnt be bothered so I just lower it gently

And to be honest the only time I use it is to change a CD in the changer which is rare