Glove box bulb not working. And yes i have tried changing the bulb.

The switch is built-into the damper, have you checked it ?

Interior lights fuse is fine if that's the correct fuse. Didn't see any others that could be the fuse for it.

Need to check the damper but as I think it has disconnected too.

the damper on mine has broken so no light will come on how is you damper still ok and connected all ok its a common thing for it to snap off loads of a3's ive seen have done

Just had a quick look there and I can see the problem. I Was aware my damper was broke in some way b

the actual damper itself is fine just the but that attaches it to the gb has snapped. When I pull it out by hand the bulb comes on!

I guess I could maybe drill a couple of holes on each snapped part and loop some wire through them to keep them together unless anyone has done somethin easier in the past?

Or the parts for a whole new damper are cheap?

Just repair it mate, remove glovebox, superglue the parts together 1st to hold static, then epoxy the joints, done this many times to A3's/A4's for clients & my previous/current cars, not had 1 issue or report failed again, add some spray grease into the brake element, clean grease out until you're happy with the speed it drops with.

i thought so as thats exactly whats wrong with mine mate very common thing on a3's , will have to give that a go nige i superglued it before but it snapped within a week my mate in work said drill a few holes in the damper body to let out some of the air that is causing it to stick will that work ok or should i do it the way you have suggested nige?

Well superglue alone wont do it mate & the hole drilling doesnt help, needs lubricating as the friction between the 2 parts is to much, needs greasing & epoxy.

cheers nige will sort it out sometime this week as its realy annoying not having a light and the damper on my glovebox lol

Mike's been down the pub, ignore him until the morning :p

Mike's been down the pub, ignore him until the morning :p

lmfao !!

Wrong - had a glass or two in the house !!lol

Seriously - there isn't even a cut out for a light in my car - 2006 sportback. Was the light fitted as some kind of comfort pack ?

LMFAO, Mike, you have a pub in your house lol.

Interior light pack maybe.

PS. Cable on route.

Another job for you then hiccup Mike

Lol!

And just to say i fixed it today so far all working fine.

Very DIY job with a few bits i had lying around.

Lets just say it involved a drill, 2 paperclips, a bit of strimmer wire and a pair of pliers lol.

Done the trick!

Did you have your horse tied up lmfao

Lol!

And just to say i fixed it today so far all working fine.

Very DIY job with a few bits i had lying around.

Lets just say it involved a drill, 2 paperclips, a bit of strimmer wire and a pair of pliers lol.

Done the trick!
lol how did you use them dude ?

No the horse was out in the field :p

Just drilled 2 holes in the very end of the snapped part, which is attached to the damper, at each side, then two where it should be attached. looped the paperclips through and twisted them. Bit fiddly. Didnt think superglue alone would hold up but im going to stick some of that on too

Yeh just thought of a total crap but simple way to do it.

My mates brother is a mechanic and he has stuff that kinda melts and bonds plastic back together (dont know what it actually is) and that would probs have been the best way to fix it.

Used it to fix a bit of my taillight housing i snapped when i was pulling them off to change a bulb.