Gloss/Matt or Carbon black Audi Rings for S1

lfcrule1972

Winter is coming...
Reaction score
Hi all

Ok, so I've checked with Audi and it appears that they don't sell OEM black rings for our front grilles.

I've been looking on eBay and quality/price etc seems to vary a bit looking at the feedback from buyers. Can anyone recommend a seller (doesn't have to be eBay), personal experiences if possible, that sells good quality black Audi rings ?

Originally I was looking for gloss black to match the car but I'd happily consider Matt or carbon effect if they fit perfectly. I have previously tried plasti-kote on another car but the finish was prone to flaking even with the sealant once a chip or small blemish appeared.

A link to websites etc would be great - thanks all

Chris have you tried @mjr901 at parts request

Reactions: lfcrule1972
Interested in this also, sceptical about eBay quality as I'd like to change the boot rings to black to match the car too. Shame Audi don't offer black badges as an option, I think they'd make a killing!

As above, anyone got a set of black badges and happy with them?

I couldn't believe that Audi only sell the silver, now that I know that I'd happily take a personal recommendation of a seller that does quality black rings that fit perfectly. There was a place that I saw recommended on here in an old post but when I contacted them they said they no longer sell them :(

Raywell design was where I got mine but no more I believe

Did mine myself, its really very easy.

I purchase new OEM rings from the dealer, then painted them as I didn't want the hassle of removing, then cleaning and re-sticking etc.

(Beware eBay rings - the rings differ between cars size/shape etc)

Gave them 2 coats of grey plastic primer.
3 Coats of black gloss (wasn't Audi, just what I had in the garage) - or any finished colour you want
3 coats of clear lacquer.

Been on 10 months now, no issues.:racer:
Rear Badge   Black

Reactions: willh92 and lfcrule1972
I take it you sanded them down a bit before primer?

Nope, fresh out the OEM bag, plastic primer straight on. About 10 - 15 minutes between coats, so about 2 hours total. I then left to dry overnight and fitted them (put some masking tape around the original before removing and fitting the black, so that the position was spot on) :racer:

Reactions: willh92
I wrapped a set because i didn't like the black ones on the grill.

3f5d0b10cb754b0b88d7036d0f2fff2f.jpg

4206db9828304ce05e8c99eb004658cb.jpg

14ba1fe3265f787877087c46a767cf19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did mine myself, its really very easy.

I purchase new OEM rings from the dealer, then painted them as I didn't want the hassle of removing, then cleaning and re-sticking etc.

(Beware eBay rings - the rings differ between cars size/shape etc)

Gave them 2 coats of grey plastic primer.
3 Coats of black gloss (wasn't Audi, just what I had in the garage) - or any finished colour you want
3 coats of clear lacquer.

Been on 10 months now, no issues.:racer:
View attachment 117716
How much are the badges from Audi?

How much are the badges from Audi?

If I remember correctly £25+VAT

You can ask Mike via the parts request at the top of the page to quote for you. He usually comes in a little cheaper than dealer pricing.

Reactions: willh92