gloss black rear defuser?

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
Has anyone painted they're pfl defuser gloss black instead of the mat silver?

Can you not get it wrapped / dipped? Might work better. Albeit not an expert

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Can you not get it wrapped / dipped? Might work better. Albeit not an expert

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I was thinking of removing it and getting it glossed, i think if it comes off easy enough then thats will be the best option/finish. Also i have a gloss black RS3 grill and am going to fit a black gloss front splitter, should all tie in nicely.

Reactions: Lehn and Adam14
I read it was a pain to remove. I did see a gloss black diffuser on a red A1 and it looked quite smart.

I was thinking of removing it and getting it glossed, i think if it comes off easy enough then thats will be the best option/finish. Also i have a gloss black RS3 grill and am going to fit a black gloss front splitter, should all tie in nicely.

Funny, I have the exact same plans for my S3 and the gloss black rear diffuser is the only mod I don't know if I should do or not. Hope you or others can provide some pictures of a black diffuser :racer:

Funny, I have the exact same plans for my S3 and the gloss black rear diffuser is the only mod I don't know if I should do or not. Hope you or others can provide some pictures of a black diffuser :racer:
I think I'll do it. I'll post pics if I do.

Reactions: Lehn
It's easy on the sportsback. Can't see it being that different on the saloon. If you want a step by step let me know.
20180519 133500 3024x1701
20180519 103328 3024x1701

the S3 diffuser is so boring, something like a Merc one looks better lol

Attachments

• p-5739-RENNtech_CLS63_diffuser_003.jpg
    p-5739-RENNtech_CLS63_diffuser_003.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
Can you not get one off a black edition?
Or were they not black in pfl?

Can you not get one off a black edition?
Or were they not black in pfl?
I don't think they're black on the pfl. There's not much after market stuff out there for the rear.
I put this on my B7 and it improved the rear massively but I'm struggling to find an S3 equivalent.