Gloss black or Satin/Matte black!!!

Macdoon

Reaction score
Damn it 7 days into the New Year and bought something for the car already (promised the Mrs I wouldn't until closer to AITP lol).

Anyways, just picked up a Cupra R splitter from local Seat, can't decide on colour tho'. So Gloss black or Satin/Matte black.
here's the car as she looks now.....
Newpicsofcar003.jpg

Gloss black grille surround. but also have matte black wrapped window trim, grrrr decisions decisions lol

How much that set you back if you dont mind me asking?

I think you should copy the colour of your grill/rings

Otherwise Gok Wan may stop you for clashing....

I would leave it as is purely for the fact it's bound to get damaged or chipped. It'll look far better for longer in the stock finish, just from where it sits it's only a matter of time before it'll be stone chipped if you paint it. Plus 99% of people won't even notice that it doesn't match other bits of your car or if you have painted it.
Just my opinion tho, heres mine, look forward to seeing what you do with it tho.

IMG_0690_zpsb8063b1a.jpg

Reactions: Macdoon
Slightly unrelated but how did you guys fit yours fitted mine and I seem to have a gap just on the corners of the bumper and etheir side of the grill tried rivets and screws but still seems to have a gap.

How much that set you back if you dont mind me asking?

I think you should copy the colour of your grill/rings

Otherwise Gok Wan may stop you for clashing....

lol. £40, spur of the moment when passing the Seat garage on way home, probably get in cheaper on the bay tho'

I agree with sidibear and carbon wrap it! That's what I did with mine after being faced with the same dilemma!!

Reactions: Macdoon
I would leave it as is purely for the fact it's bound to get damaged or chipped. It'll look far better for longer in the stock finish, just from where it sits it's only a matter of time before it'll be stone chipped if you paint it. Plus 99% of people won't even notice that it doesn't match other bits of your car or if you have painted it.
Just my opinion tho, heres mine, look forward to seeing what you do with it tho.

IMG_0690_zpsb8063b1a.jpg

Good point

Like idea of wrapping it, but if i did it would have to be Anthracite wrap like my previous grille (too much black carbon around here).
And the wrap stands up well to stones.

Sorry for off topic.......What are these like to fit?

Sorry for off topic.......What are these like to fit?
small amount of cutting the legs down and a few screws to secure it
im sure theres a diy around on google.

id leave it standard me pal its gunna get scuffed too much when your lows :)