Glen Frey - RIP

davc

1-2-4-5-3
Reaction score
Just saw in the news that he passed away yesterday. Such a sad loss for world of music.

I grew up listening to the Eagles and am still a massive fan of theirs.

So sad.

Me too @davc. The Eagles were part of my growing-up soundtrack
RIP, Glenn. Shame you and Don F couldn't make up.

Last edited:
Reactions: davc
Another sad loss to music fans across the world.
Eagles music was epic and one of the first albums I bought was their Greatest Hits.
And they were great.
RIP Glen, there will be a hell of a jamming session going on somewhere with DB and Lemmy.

Im not as old as @jdp1962 or @Sandra , :) so the first Eagles album I bought was “the best of”

…but what an album..

1340339933_6.jpg

Love listening to this in the car or chilling watching the sun going down.
RIP Glenn

Reactions: davc, Sandra and 45bvtc
Have to say I'm amazed with the envious record "drug fuelled hedonist" of this guy that he lasted so long...

As he said of their 'greatest travelling party of the1970s', "the wine was the best, the drugs were good, and the women were beautiful"

Oh to have been a bag carrier in them days... :yes:

And on the same page of today's The Times, this for the non NALF's out there, is an obituary to Tyler Alexander, a key member of the McLaren Team, who says on that not to be named F1 driver/2-dog handler: "he admired his speed" but did not like "his tendency to put his own interests above those of the team".

Wow, another one: where have I wrote that before....

Im not as old as @jdp1962 or @Sandra , :) so the first Eagles album I bought was “the best of”

Or me Spooky, or me; not as old as me.... :shrug:

My first purchase was "Will you still love me tomorrow" in 1961 by the Shirelles and no, that's titles not addressed to you, Spooky...

Sandra maybe... :yahoo:

Reactions: Sandra

…but what an album..

1340339933_6.jpg

RIP Glenn
:sign omg::sign unfair::sign dontfeedmods::ghost::busted cop: Jeff an I are not that Old. Lmao :friends:x

Reactions: Ghost
And on the same page of today's The Times, this for the non NALF's out there, is an obituary to Tyler Alexander, a key member of the McLaren Team, who says on that not to be named F1 driver/2-dog handler: "he admired his speed" but did not like "his tendency to put his own interests above those of the team".

Wow, another one: where have I wrote that before....
NALF?

Not A Lewis Fan, jdp1962

RS3copilot is and I'm not... :racer:

Gotta keep life funny, liking exactly the same just ain't and I like being different so gave birth to NALF

…but what an album..

1340339933_6.jpg

RIP Glenn
I've got the Hell Freezes Over dvd in the car which gets played on many a long run. Stick the cruise on at 70 and then just cruise lol:salute:

Reactions: Ghost