Glasgow based Cable purchase & VCDS tweaks for an A6 2014 ultra s-tronic avant

GTDezza

Reaction score
Hey,

New to the forum (member of a fair few others) as I have only recently moved from 2 Bmws to an Audi and last week a New Golf GTD.

Hence
1. I am keen to see if there is anyone in Glasgow happy to meet up etc to do a few tweaks on the cars (I will do a full thread on the before and after).
2. Do we have a list of 'must do' tweaks, for example removing the A6 option to allow the car to move with the door open. And I want the GTDs headlight washer jet delay added.

Any feedback comments welcome. I did search on here before posting but didn't see anything relevant.

Here are the two cars in question for those that like pretty pictures....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 190
I was going to buy a cable but maybe it's safer to use an expert. Thanks for the link I will give him a shout.

I was going to buy a cable but maybe it's safer to use an expert. Thanks for the link I will give him a shout.

Hey bud,

To be honest quite a lot of new people to the Audi world get a VCDS cable but feel the same but there is so much help out there on the internet.

We sell quite a few cables on here and include a get started guide that we made up to help you get going.

Main rule though is if you do any coding, make sure you have a text file or word doc open so you can copy the coding string into. If you make a mistake or not sure what was originally in there, you have it safe!

If you'd like to get one sorted, chuck me a PM :)

Tim

Hey bud,

To be honest quite a lot of new people to the Audi world get a VCDS cable but feel the same but there is so much help out there on there...

Tim

Tim thanks, my mate Ally recently bought a cable from you (he sold it before I got the chance to use it) to code his tow bar and was highly impressed..... I'm also no stranger to tinkering with software, so may give it a go if it's easy to back up and reset the software if I mess it up.

Will PM you Tim.

Is there a top list of mods? I have one Iist I found on another forum, won't share as its their hard work and I have not tested it as yet, once I have I will.

Tim thanks, my mate Ally recently bought a cable from you (he sold it before I got the chance to use it) to code his tow bar and was highly impressed..... I'm also no stranger to tinkering with software, so may give it a go if it's easy to back up and reset the software if I mess it up.

Will PM you Tim.

Is there a top list of mods? I have one Iist I found on another forum, won't share as its their hard work and I have not tested it as yet, once I have I will.

It depends on your vehicle really... Most sub sections on this forum have a specific VCDS Tips section, best to look in there :)

Tim

Hi Tim, I'm also looking for one and live in Glasgow..... Could you please let me know if you can help? Thank Dean

Hey bud,

To be honest quite a lot of new people to the Audi world get a VCDS cable but feel the same but there is so much help out there on the internet.

We sell quite a few cables on here and include a get started guide that we made up to help you get going.

Main rule though is if you do any coding, make sure you have a text file or word doc open so you can copy the coding string into. If you make a mistake or not sure what was originally in there, you have it safe!

If you'd like to get one sorted, chuck me a PM :)

Tim