Glasgow based Cable purchase & VCDS tweaks for an A6 2014 ultra s-tronic avant

GTDezza

Hey,

New to the forum (member of a fair few others) as I have only recently moved from 2 Bmws to an Audi and last week a New Golf GTD.

Hence
1. I am keen to see if there is anyone in Glasgow happy to meet up etc to do a few tweaks on the cars (I will do a full thread on the before and after).
2. Do we have a list of 'must do' tweaks, for example removing the A6 option to allow the car to move with the door open. And I want the GTDs headlight washer jet delay added.

Any feedback comments welcome. I did search on here before posting but didn't see anything relevant.

Here are the two cars in question for those that like pretty pictures....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 133

GTDezza

I was going to buy a cable but maybe it's safer to use an expert. Thanks for the link I will give him a shout.

Cruiser89

Advanced In Car Tech
I was going to buy a cable but maybe it's safer to use an expert. Thanks for the link I will give him a shout.

Hey bud,

To be honest quite a lot of new people to the Audi world get a VCDS cable but feel the same but there is so much help out there on the internet.

We sell quite a few cables on here and include a get started guide that we made up to help you get going.

Main rule though is if you do any coding, make sure you have a text file or word doc open so you can copy the coding string into. If you make a mistake or not sure what was originally in there, you have it safe!

If you'd like to get one sorted, chuck me a PM :)

Tim

GTDezza

Hey bud,

To be honest quite a lot of new people to the Audi world get a VCDS cable but feel the same but there is so much help out there on there...

Tim

Tim thanks, my mate Ally recently bought a cable from you (he sold it before I got the chance to use it) to code his tow bar and was highly impressed..... I'm also no stranger to tinkering with software, so may give it a go if it's easy to back up and reset the software if I mess it up.

Will PM you Tim.

Is there a top list of mods? I have one Iist I found on another forum, won't share as its their hard work and I have not tested it as yet, once I have I will.

Cruiser89

Advanced In Car Tech
Tim thanks, my mate Ally recently bought a cable from you (he sold it before I got the chance to use it) to code his tow bar and was highly impressed..... I'm also no stranger to tinkering with software, so may give it a go if it's easy to back up and reset the software if I mess it up.

Will PM you Tim.

Is there a top list of mods? I have one Iist I found on another forum, won't share as its their hard work and I have not tested it as yet, once I have I will.

It depends on your vehicle really... Most sub sections on this forum have a specific VCDS Tips section, best to look in there :)

Tim

Watchthisspace123

Hi Tim, I'm also looking for one and live in Glasgow..... Could you please let me know if you can help? Thank Dean

Hey bud,

To be honest quite a lot of new people to the Audi world get a VCDS cable but feel the same but there is so much help out there on the internet.

We sell quite a few cables on here and include a get started guide that we made up to help you get going.

Main rule though is if you do any coding, make sure you have a text file or word doc open so you can copy the coding string into. If you make a mistake or not sure what was originally in there, you have it safe!

If you'd like to get one sorted, chuck me a PM :)

Tim

Cruiser89

Advanced In Car Tech
Hi Tim, I'm also looking for one and live in Glasgow..... Could you please let me know if you can help? Thank Dean

Hi buddy!

Sorry - Been away for Crimbo. Chuck me a PM and we'll get you sorted when I'm back in the office on Monday!

Tim