Glasgow Audi Service

Chris5

Reaction score
Question about service time and the cost of a service.

I know it's been asked before but just looking for a more recent answer about the service times. Iv had my car 1 year this week covered under 7000 miles but according to the car service isn't due for a while so should I get a service now that it's been 1 year or go with the car. It's on a 3 year lease deal.

Also how much have people paid for a service at Glasgow Audi? If I was to phone Glasgow and say Edinburgh offered me it for say £50 less would they just match it or want proof before matching it.

I know it's been asked before but just looking for a more recent answer about the service times. Iv had my car 1 year this week covered under 7000 miles but according to the car service isn't due for a while so should I get a service now that it's been 1 year or go with the car. It's on a 3 year lease deal.

Also how much have people paid for a service at Glasgow Audi? If I was to phone Glasgow and say Edinburgh offered me it for say £50 less would they just match it or want proof before matching it.

Edinburgh and Glasgow are of the same franchise mate, so doubt there pricing structure would be different but there's only one way to find out....my car's going in for its first service this Tuesday at Hamilton Audi try them aswell,l don't know the cost of my service...though estimated £250..?

Reactions: pburv
I don't actually know any prices yet either but reading the other service posts I see some people being quoted £250 then getting it down to around £150 sometimes less.
Do you think I should get my car serviced every year or go with the mmi schedule

I don't actually know any prices yet either but reading the other service posts I see some people being quoted £250 then getting it down to around £150 sometimes less.
Do you think I should get my car serviced every year or go with the mmi schedule
Go with the mmi mate,my car told me my service was due at 9000 miles that was 4000 miles ago lol

Reactions: pburv, SW14NY'S and Simon L
Go with the mmi mate,my car told me my service was due at 9000 miles that was 4000 miles ago lol

I won't need one for another couple of years then......!! lol

Reactions: SportbackStu, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Checked the mmi there it says 3000 miles or 33 days for next oil change so is this just a service I book it in for? Don't have a clue about stuff this stuff I just drive it.
Last question I have lowered my car and put springs on it will this be a problem when taking the car in

It will need an oil change.
Usual price is around £180.
You can save a bit by buying your own oil. I saved £50 this way.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
It will need an oil change.
Usual price is around £180.
You can save a bit by buying your own oil. I saved £50 this way.
Good idea that av got the oil that was in the car..when l got it...all Audi's get it when purchased from new

@Kugaman1
Can you tell me the oil I need to get? So I book it in tell them il provide my own oil and just leave it in the car for them. £50 saving is ideal

When you phone they will ask for your reg, they will then tell you which service it needs. Mine was just an 'oil service' after 12 months with around 7000 mile on the clock, think I paid £202. (That wasn't in Scotland though).

Reactions: pburv and Chris5
Hamilton Audi will be on the same structure as Glasgow and Edinburgh. All same company. Stirling is a different company. As @jassyo06 said, go with your MMI. Your springs won't make any difference to the price of your service.

Reactions: pburv, Chris5 and Jassyo06
Just meaning having the springs on do they take note of this and put it the system for future warranty claims if there is any.

Shouldn't be any issue with springs. Audi have a price match so if you get a written quote from a garage within 15 miles using Audi parts, they will match it. Not sure all dealers have to accept it though. There's also AforAudi down that way who used to have a decent reputation but no idea if that has changed.

Reactions: Chris5
No oil in mine from new!

Strange l got a litre of fancy pancy oil in the boot,av looked in the boots of a few showroom cars....they have it aswell... Strange indeedy... Anybody else not got/got it...?

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Strange l got a litre of fancy pancy oil in the boot,av looked in the boots of a few showroom cars....they have it aswell... Strange indeedy... Anybody else not got/got it...?

Look what Papa found in the boot........................must be preferred customers only mate.....................:whistle2:

oil_zpsic8ewwhk.jpg

Look what Papa found in the boot........................must be preferred customers only mate.....................:whistle2:

oil_zpsic8ewwhk.jpg
You wanna turn that the other way, it's gonna spill ;) :D

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Reactions: pburv, azibux1 and Jassyo06
I never even got a car jack in my boot. Did anyone else?

Good idea that av got the oil that was in the car..when l got it...all Audi's get it when purchased from new
I think your car takes more than 1ltr jassy...:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L

Just been serviced,new front tyre's,pristine condition...its going back on Autotrader at the same price...as it was 2 months ago...it didnt have new tyre's and a service back then...lol

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Just been serviced,new front tyre's,pristine condition...its going back on Autotrader at the same price...as it was 2 months ago...it didnt have new tyre's and a service back then...lol
Sounds like a good discount then...:yes:
When is it going in the Trader?

Reactions: Jassyo06

Same situation on flexi , anyway Aberdeen did my oil change for £138

I gave them a 5ltr tub, they were happy with that?
Never asked/charged for any more but never gave me any back either so I assume it was right!

Same situation on flexi , anyway Aberdeen did my oil change for £138

How did you get for £138? Is it an S3?
They quoted me £180 for my 1 year old, 4000 mile S3. I bought my own oil to take it down to £106

lt was worth a Shot at the title though....lol

Now I won't be winning car mechanic of the year any time soon but even I know you need a tad more than 1lt for an oil change mate!! lol

Now I won't be winning car mechanic of the year any time soon but even I know you need a tad more than 1lt for an oil change mate!! lol

Well they could always keep some of the old stuff in the engine...ye never know..lol

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Well they could always keep some of the old stuff in the engine...ye never know..lol

That's the stuff mate, nothing like a bit of recycling! Maybe throw a bit of yer driveway grit in there too!! lol

How did you get for £138? Is it an S3?
They quoted me £180 for my 1 year old, 4000 mile S3. I bought my own oil to take it down to £106

No a 1.4 122 , I think they are finding it a bit tough at the moment , as soon as you enter a showroom up here they are all over you ,changed days.

If your car is 12 months old and 7K miles it should be set to fixed schedule (12 months). If its not it wasn't set correctly when new. You should get it serviced now and request they set the schedule to fixed.

I never got any oil:blownose:

I was going to ask this too! :D
I was told the S3 takes 5.7 litres.

Mine is due an oil change soon, although it's on fixed oil changes they filled it with long life 5w-30 at the last service.

I was told by the service dept that the oil spec is 504.00 for both fixed and variable but the manual says 502.00 for fixed so gonna take my own supply of quantum platinum 5w-40 in and save a few quid. I get 5L for £24.

I need to double check but I have a bottle in the boot from the factory and I'm sure it's 0w-30.

Far too thin IMO.

Reactions: pburv and azibux1