Glacier white S3 saloon ordered!

Goodfella74

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just thought I would introduce myself. Just ordered the car today with following spec:

Interior light pack
Adaptive cruise
Audi sound system
Comfort pack
Parking system plus front/rear
Folding mirrors
Lumbar support
Adaptive headlights
Variable headlight range control
Audi active lane assist.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
A lot of knowledgable people on this forum. Has helped me a lot with my final spec.

Very nice. Only one I'd absolutely change personally is the active lane assist. Just had a hire car with it in (TTS) and OMG does it get annoying quickly.

Thanks wetfish. I have debated this one a lot! I got it really as a way of getting the variable range control for the xenons as I though this would be good and I would also get the lane assist in the same total cost as the LED headlamps. I'm wondering if I should just stick to the LED lights now as your the second person to say that!

Good fella Goodfella74 :)

Nice to see some more saloons joining the fold ;)

I have LEDs and apart from one of them getting broken they are a joy. I would drop the lane assist IMHO. Couldn't find a way to turn it off through the menu's (maybe VCDS?)

You might like this ;)

21b7hq8.jpg

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Personally I wouldn't spec LED's or lane assist.

LED's don't offer any advantage over Xenons according to the vast majority who have tried both and Lane assist, no. I drive the the car not some bleedin computer (well, we won't talk about the s-tronic changing gears for me!)

Good fella Goodfella74 :)

Nice to see some more saloons joining the fold ;)

Thanks Simon. I'm actually downsizing from an A4 but I think there is still a decent amount of room in the back than compared to a merc CLA.

Thanks Simon. I'm actually downsizing from an A4 but I think there is still a decent amount of room in the back than compared to a merc CLA.

There is mate, I've got two teenagers (admittedly they're not giants but there's plenty of room).

Don't forget to add 'steering assist' then you can have a nap in the back with them while the car drives itself ;)

I have LEDs and apart from one of them getting broken they are a joy. I would drop the lane assist IMHO. Couldn't find a way to turn it off through the menu's (maybe VCDS?)

Can lane assist not be turned off? To be honest I originally got it so I could also spec the variable range control option which I though would be very good. Expensive way to get a £75 option! Sounds ridiculous now! Lol

Don't forget to add 'steering assist' then you can have a nap in the back with them while the car drives itself ;)[/QUOTE]

lol. I hear you loud and clear. Lanes assist is officially off! Only wanted the variable range control anyway. You have all confirmed my doubts about this combination. It's not cheap either!

I'm assuming the LED headlights are covered under warranty? My mates work for Ford and they replaced a new Mondeo LED lamp unit and it came in at just over grand!

Lane Assist can be deactivated via the cars settings,l had it on my Ford St never used after day to one,slight rumble of the steering wheel,big rumble of the steering wheel,then pull ye back into the correct lane if required

I'm assuming the LED headlights are covered under warranty? My mates work for Ford and they replaced a new Mondeo LED lamp unit and it came in at just over grand!

I think so. They are delivering the car back any minute now and no request for money yet.

Lane Assist can be deactivated via the cars settings,l had it on my Ford St never used after day to one,slight rumble of the steering wheel,big rumble of the steering wheel,then pull ye back into the correct lane if required

I was driving a TTS so might have different menu, but definitely no obvious way of turning it off.

Don't forget to add 'steering assist' then you can have a nap in the back with them while the car drives itself ;)

Doesn't the new A4 have some sort of 'drive itself thing'?

White saloon has to have pano without the black pack :p

media

Reactions: Phil-1, PanamaS3 and Snake Pliskin
On the St it was activated at the end of indicators stalk,just a tiny 3 position switch

It could have been. I explored the on screen menu, not the buttons. Wish I'd known sooner and I could have checked on the TTS.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Doesn't the new A4 have some sort of 'drive itself thing'?

White saloon has to have pano without the black pack :p

media
BSP ROOLS..and combined with a pano-roof awesomely effective on any colour apart from black of course

Reactions: Simon L
BSP ROOLS..and combined with a pano-roof awesomely effective on any colour apart from black of course

Keep it chrome..........keep it classy! ;)

Reactions: S32B
"Knowing..,, me....Knowing you uh ha.....Soz mate l don't do the platforms and flares look........lol

......you don't seriously think anyone here is gonna believe that! ;) lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
......you don't seriously think anyone here is gonna believe that! ;) lol
Well ye never know lol
I just like the black trim in combination with anything else that you can get black on the exterior,l would love the high gloss black alloys that you get on the RS3
Grey/silver suit chrome/satin silver not keen on it on any other colours

Reactions: Simon L
Hi everyone. Just thought I would introduce myself. Just ordered the car today with following spec:

Interior light pack
Adaptive cruise
Audi sound system
Comfort pack
Parking system plus front/rear
Folding mirrors
Lumbar support
Adaptive headlights
Variable headlight range control
Audi active lane assist.

Picked my Glacier white last week.

Black styling pack is a must.

SS seats are fantastic

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Jassyo06
@dolo glacier white S3 saloon

18464684898_42bd20a547_b.jpg

Has sepang blue in its DNA mind ;) :D

Reactions: PanamaS3, Snake Pliskin and dolo
Thanks BH, was going to post but you beat me to it.

Reactions: Bristle Hound

Interestingly, if you take your hand off the steering wheel with lane assist active then it will actually keep you in lane all by itself but will kick up a stink and deactivate after a short while asking you to take control of the steering again.