gixxerlegend

Shades

Reaction score
Hmmm... feel like i'm blasphemin here talkin on a car website. As a GSXR 1000 rider it is good tho. I'm definitely faster than anyone on here as i regularly argue with my cousin who is the one logged on so anybody else who'd like to educate this fool please feel free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that. I made the mistake of leaving my account logged on when I went to the toilet and the above is the revenge of my cousin after I got into his gixrboys account (he didn't realise that even though he'd logged off, his account would still be active via the history) and posted something earlier when he went to the toilet!

He's under the illusion that 2 wheels are always better than 4 wheels...

He's welcome to head north and have a play with a few up here - me included - who will show him the error of his ways....and I had a tuned Fireblade long enough to compare!

i'll go with the Gixer thou, i rarely get out of the S4 with adrenalin shakes but ALWAYS get em on the bike. damn, i can't even drink a coffee for 20 mins after i get off the bike without spilling it

A lap of the 'ring against an R1...
and 30+ miles of local A + B roads would suggest the bike is no quicker point to point.

Braking is better in the right car, and cornering faster...but the bike faster out of the bends...but slower at very silly speeds (with your average sized rider onboard)
The right car, and there's not much in it...I guess it depends a lot on the roads...but on your average badly maintained, pot-hole ridden road, the difference can be eroded.

As for thrills...the bike wins!

I like when I have a spill in the car it leaves my skin where it should be and not tattered down the asphalt.

Would like a bike but the wife/family/friends/strangers say I would die in less than 15 seconds. I wholeheartedly agree.

Hate to argue but whether a car is faster through a bend is debatable, depends totally on on the bend. As for top end, as a former tuned(end can and power commander don't count as tuning!!) blade owner you should know that with a TRE, and minor engine mods your average litre bike will top 200. As for pot holed bumpy roads, thiose little adjusters at the top and bottom of forks aren't there just for show. Throw in a set of ohlins or marzzochi's (and we're still only at about an eighth the cost of your average "super"car) and a good rider (i.e one who can at least get the knee to the deck) and hey presto, a machine that your average porsche driver can only dream of. Now all i need is someway to control the weather.....lol

oh... and a way way to teleport fuel to my tank so i don't have to keep stopping for that minor inconvenience!

Shades said:
Hate to argue but whether a car is faster through a bend is debatable, depends totally on on the bend. As for top end, as a former tuned(end can and power commander don't count as tuning!!) blade owner you should know that with a TRE, and minor engine mods your average litre bike will top 200. As for pot holed bumpy roads, thiose little adjusters at the top and bottom of forks aren't there just for show. Throw in a set of ohlins or marzzochi's (and we're still only at about an eighth the cost of your average "super"car) and a good rider (i.e one who can at least get the knee to the deck) and hey presto, a machine that your average porsche driver can only dream of. Now all i need is someway to control the weather.....lol

Wonderful in theory...

But the only car to ever pass me on my Blade was a 911..and it did it on braking, and through a corner.

Mine had MH Racing suspension, full Ohlins stuff...and 320mm ductile iron rotors with billet 6 pot callipers (it was an RRP 1993 Blade)...and I was still outbraked and out-cornered. You can mess about with compression and rebound damping till the cows come home...you still have only two small contact patches and a light chassis to absorb the bumps.
BTW, my Blade had amongst other things magnesium wheels and carbon bodywork....so not just an end can...and mine had carbs, so no power commander either!

It stupid to argue a car will match a bikes acceleration...but on real roads, a decent car WILL carry more corner speed.

As for your 200MPH comment...I've never come across a Blade/R1/GSXR1000 that'll do 200...and the fact remains that as bikes get smaller, and people get bigger, the chances of actually getting one past 170 (with aerodynamic drag etc) reduces.

Horses for courses...but on the local crappy, typical UK A and B roads, a decent sportscar WILL stick with a decent bike....and the car driver will do it with less chance of killing himself!

Maybe you can explain why I did 2 laps of the 'ring against bikes, an R1 and a ZX9R...both of which finished the lap behind me....odd surely, if bikes are obviously so much faster?

In general bikes are faster...
But there are times where conditions level the playing field...and eyes get opened!

For the money, there is no comparison.