Given current issues - tempted by Vauxhall 0% Finance and lifetime warranty

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Help required, given my current grief with the A3, I have been tempted over to the Vauxhall website.

0% finance on a VXR GTC Astra Coupe with lifetime warranty, now why can't Audi offer me that deal on a new S3 ?

GM must have done the sums on the lifetime warranty and it must add up, that I guess or the whole car is classed as a normal wear and tear item excluded in the T&Cs.

Discuss.

Paul

I thought this when my 8P1 A3 was playing up, everything seemed to be going wrong with it bar the DSG box.

Moved to an 07 plate Astra SRI CDTI 150 XP2, nice car but i always knew i'd be back in an Audi, it took me just 1 year to return, don't do it as you will regret it.

Vauxhall's are OK but i had some problems with mine, alternator needed replacing, clutch and flywheel & fuel filter housing cracked all costly things to rectify but then again you'd have warranty this wouldn't be a problem.

What would be a problem for you is the interior plastics and the overall quality, it's not audi standard trust me. No doubt in mind the cars are built well but materials could be better.

The radio was shocking, the rear windows were manual, you could feel the frames of the seats through the cloth and cushion and there were next to no toys apart from a MFSW.

Things for you to think about...

I guess I will feel the love again once it is fixed, the lifetime warranty is temping though. I hear what you are saying about servicing, but with my miles that would equate to once a year. No worry about any of the standard problems like - IMF, overboosting Turbos, cracked heads etc etc. What can't Audi stand by their products and offer the same sort of lifetime warranty.

The Corsa hire car I had week before last was awful.

I guess I will feel the love again once it is fixed, the lifetime warranty is temping though. I hear what you are saying about servicing, but with my miles that would equate to once a year. No worry about any of the standard problems like - IMF, overboosting Turbos, cracked heads etc etc. What can't Audi stand by their products and offer the same sort of lifetime warranty.

The Corsa hire car I had week before last was awful.

You do have the worries of the clutch and flywheel, the swirl flaps on the manifold, dodgy EGR valves, turbo, the so called unreliable 6 speed gear box in the CDTI's and also the alternator <---- Just a few more things for you to consider pal.

I used to like Vauxhalls and absolutely loved my limited edition Mk 1 Astra, but of late I just can't see where they are going with their cars. Yes they have some of the Audi gizmos, but you can tell they are not to the same quality. And in my opinion, all brands bar the Corsa just look boring.

My wife hires cars on a regular basis for work, where she has had various Vauxhalls of all shapes and sizes. I have sat in a few to see if they inspire me, but to no avail. And the seats in all models seem to be lined with bricks. My wife finds even the shortest of journeys (less than 100 miles) tiresome and uncomfortable. Now whenever she hires a car, she always puts ' no Vauxhalls' in the comments box.

Disapointing really, because they used to be good cars. I think the best car they ever produced was the Cavalier, but after it was ditched for that damn ugly Vectra, it all went down hill from there. Apart from the Corsa of course.

Last edited:
GM must have done the sums on the lifetime warranty and it must add up,

Paul

Yes you need to read the small print, but i think theres no real catch, it's just they only expect a small amount of customers to keep the car for a good number of years.

Great deal, 100,000 miles warranty, or lifetime is wicked. Still a **** car though LOL