Give us some good news stories ...

It will be interesting to see if they facelift the RS3, by the time they do it I would imagine the regulations are even more restrictive (but I don't know). I have said it before, I believe this is the last nod to what can be created as a nut's hatch. The 5-pot is very much part of it, the diff is also part of it, the front-end is awesome, the car is always what you want it to be. Do I give a t0$$ about missing a 360 camera, less than premium plastics, blah blah blah. I do not, every time I drive it, there is a grin, and when I really drive it it is hugely rewarding

Reactions: 3vans, jaypers777, Southall87 and 1 other person
20220716 132221

Reactions: kayemill
Following on from the comments above, I got Autocar this week...Scoop: Audi RS3 Why its the future of Hot hatches

Well the story says new A3 will launch in UK in 2027 and be fully electric with a RS3 model at the top of the tree with dual motor and 4 wheel drive.

I appreciate that news is not wanted here...so I'll move on to an interesting snippet in the article
So its talking about the current A3 performance versions and says " These are comfortably the best selling cars in Ingolstadt's performance line-up, with 753 RS3s and 442 S3s sold last month in the UK alone.

That is fairly staggering and extra annoying for those made to wait, but that is a mad number bearing in mine Audi UK reckoned they would sell 1% of total Audi UK sales for the RS3 (Going on 2021 total uk sales that would be approx 1200 RS3s, so they have busted that figure).

I think the death knell for 5 cyclinder is EU7 Emissions targets which are due to come in around 2025. I don't think its fully agreed but from what I've read it will kill off a good few engines and be pretty expensive to comply with.

So my two-pennyeth is that we get a facelift of the RS3 in 2024ish but it won't be around for long. and will go off sale as EU7 kicks in and the lesser A3s continue until EV version is launched in 2027 (Possibly they do a special edition, there were rumours of RS3 Performance with 450ps but never seen anything remotely half solid on that).

General love for the RS3 8Y throughout the press these days
But I am sorry but this is a pet hate of mine..... Will it fit in Your Garage - its helps if the journalist actual gets the correct figures...try 4389/1851/1436

True…….

Some of the facts this guy quotes are blatant lies……By the time I finished watching this I had a beard

And I really wished he’d at least cleaned the interior, you’ll understand when you see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
General love for the RS3 8Y throughout the press these days
But I am sorry but this is a pet hate of mine..... Will it fit in Your Garage - its helps if the journalist actual gets the correct figures...try 4389/1851/1436
I won’t lie……I had the tape measure out a couple of times pre-delivery :)
B3E709AF 1614 49F8 A658 5DFB545F043D

Reactions: Terminator x
True…….

Some of the facts this guy quotes are blatant lies……By the time I finished watching this I had a beard

And I really wished he’d at least cleaned the interior, you’ll understand when you see it.

I coincidentally watched half of that last night before falling asleep (unintentionally)

Reactions: 8YARWY
It will be interesting to see if they facelift the RS3, by the time they do it I would imagine the regulations are even more restrictive (but I don't know). I have said it before, I believe this is the last nod to what can be created as a nut's hatch. The 5-pot is very much part of it, the diff is also part of it, the front-end is awesome, the car is always what you want it to be. Do I give a t0$$ about missing a 360 camera, less than premium plastics, blah blah blah. I do not, every time I drive it, there is a grin, and when I really drive it it is hugely rewarding
There will be a facelift....fact

Following on from the comments above, I got Autocar this week...Scoop: Audi RS3 Why its the future of Hot hatches

Well the story says new A3 will launch in UK in 2027 and be fully electric with a RS3 model at the top of the tree with dual motor and 4 wheel drive.

I appreciate that news is not wanted here...so I'll move on to an interesting snippet in the article
So its talking about the current A3 performance versions and says " These are comfortably the best selling cars in Ingolstadt's performance line-up, with 753 RS3s and 442 S3s sold last month in the UK alone.

That is fairly staggering and extra annoying for those made to wait, but that is a mad number bearing in mine Audi UK reckoned they would sell 1% of total Audi UK sales for the RS3 (Going on 2021 total uk sales that would be approx 1200 RS3s, so they have busted that figure).

I think the death knell for 5 cyclinder is EU7 Emissions targets which are due to come in around 2025. I don't think its fully agreed but from what I've read it will kill off a good few engines and be pretty expensive to comply with.

So my two-pennyeth is that we get a facelift of the RS3 in 2024ish but it won't be around for long. and will go off sale as EU7 kicks in and the lesser A3s continue until EV version is launched in 2027 (Possibly they do a special edition, there were rumours of RS3 Performance with 450ps but never seen anything remotely half solid on that).
This one won't be around much longer this time next year they only run for a couple years then vanish til a facelift they will facelift the 8y so why not facelift the RS3 8Y

Dont forget the new 'model' RS3 will be a complete and utter waste of money, for one good reason at least, after yesterday EVERY new model MUST be equiped with the new electronics that prevent the car from ever exceeding the speed limit

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 160894
^^ Can turn it off for now though although it could be buried in the menu's which would be annoying. Will also come back on again every ignition cycle so annoying just like stop / start.

TX.

True…….

I have watched a few reviews from OSV before. I always get the impression they are doing a homage to Old Top Gear from 1980s with William Wollard delivery on the road test. I have to say I gave up

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and 8YARWY
I won’t lie……I had the tape measure out a couple of times pre-delivery :)
View attachment 256856
Looks wider than my garage. I thought 5dr would solve issue of Gold R 3dr being a little tight....so I bought an even wider car (ie RS3). Had one near miss and several very tight exits through driver's door. The car styling means its a lot tighter than I thought, but at least I am getting better at placing it. Its helps that it won't last as long as the Golf R (6yr) ownership.

Dont forget the new 'model' RS3 will be a complete and utter waste of money, for one good reason at least, after yesterday EVERY new model MUST be equiped with the new electronics that prevent the car from ever exceeding the speed limit
Doesn't worry me, I only ever accelerate to 70.mph (or 60 on single carriageway roads)

Reactions: garethdj, RS3ree and 8YARWY
This one won't be around much longer this time next year they only run for a couple years then vanish til a facelift they will facelift the 8y so why not facelift the RS3 8Y

Yes, I agree. You're right of course. that does make sense with how 8V was out in summer 15 then I think disappeared in summer/late 2016. then reappeared after Facelift of early 2017 with first facelift RS3 cars in Autumn 2017.

Difference this time is the EU7 Emmissions regulations on horizon, but I think a final sent-off (.......and interior design pack) in 2024 must be on the cards.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yes, I agree. You're right of course. that does make sense with how 8V was out in summer 15 then I think disappeared in summer/late 2016. then reappeared after Facelift of early 2017 with first facelift RS3 cars in Autumn 2017.

Difference this time is the EU7 Emmissions regulations on horizon, but I think a final sent-off (.......and interior design pack) in 2024 must be on the cards.

Yup, bought our Mythos PFL in October 2015 and the FL was announced early 2017 and we bought the FL in October 17.

So only 18 months of PFL ownership (followed by 6 months of Golf 7.5R) then onto 4 years of FL ownership, with no warranty visits to the dealer thankfully…….

Only had the 8Y 4 months and it’s going in on Weds for a new Steering Rack………. Aye a well made car this 8Y lol.

Reactions: AndyVWR
Yup, bought our Mythos PFL in October 2015 and the FL was announced early 2017 and we bought the FL in October 17.

So only 18 months of PFL ownership (followed by 6 months of Golf 7.5R) then onto 4 years of FL ownership, with no warranty visits to the dealer thankfully…….

Only had the 8Y 4 months and it’s going in on Weds for a new Steering Rack………. Aye a well made car this 8Y lol.

That really isn't good that you need new steering rack after 4 months. Hope the fix goes smoothly and back on the open road soon.

Reactions: 8YARWY

Interior design package will come...it did on the 8v fl personally speaking l think the extremely long wait time has ****** me off more than any coloured stitching or lack of it has done any mass manufactured car shouldn't NOT take 18 or more to arrive...even with chip/cable harness shortages ....it is Audi prioritising other larger markets FIRSTLY ....for the car....it so happens that the car was introduced to North American Market not long ago and soon after bang ....cars coming into owners on here have now stopped for the rest of 2022
Now l don't really know if orders on here are a reflection of customers who ordered outwith this forum ...but I'd bet its the same for everyone in the UK now so it's so difficult to actually gauge ....how good this car is because of the small amount of owners ... as for how good the car is it up to the individual but one man's meat is another's poison as they say ...and l dont trust youtubers opinions either

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyVWR