Girlfriend Uses The Car..... New Wheel Required

83jmh83

Reaction score
So this weekend the gf borrows the car. Apparently she isn't aware of where kerbs are when parking and the passenger wheel is rather badly chipped and scratched around the rim.

Is this repairable? I have looked and the cost of a replacement wheel from Audi is £600. Obviously I'm not prepared to pay this and all the genuine wheels on eBay also seem very scratched! Are the replica wheels any fop good if I have to go down that route?

It's the twin spoke 18" s line wheels that I have.

Am sure it can be repaired mate take it to a wheel repair place sure they will be able to sort it

If my GF done this she would be dead now hahaha

I'm trying my hardest not to hurt her right now! I'll take if to a repair place and see what they say. Failing that are the replicas any good? Am thinking of maybe ttrs reps?

I would think so mate haven't got reps so couldn't say for sure but see what the wheel place says first then look into reps of not keep and eye out for a decent one on ebay

I'm in Wimbledon. They are standard grey colour

Ah. A bit far then. A decent powder coater should be able to strip it and fill the damaged area with chemical metal then repaint it to match. That's what I've done on my own wheels before.

Yeah, if its just damage to the face then it should be a straight forward repair. You should be able to send a photo to most repairers for them to give you confirmation on if a repair is possible.