Girlfriend Curbed wheels

cjp2k

Reaction score
Hi guys, on the way to pick up my mums car from the garage, my girlfriend gave me a lift in my A3, she decided to put it thru a gap not big enough for the car and hit the curb. she hit it side on, ie parallell with the curb at about 15mph. small mark on wheel but nothing "too bad", what are the chances of doing damage to the alignment/tracking etc?

Is it best to get it checked, audi quoted £170.00!!

Anywhere good around Teesside/Darlington area?

Cheers

Chris

i have been there my friend. lol
lent her the car and boom, came back with a chunk missing out the wheel. thank god it was the old a3!!! ha ha
but anyway, go to a normal tyre fitters (even kwikfit). they have all the equipment and will be sooo much cheaper, also haggle them.

peace...

hearing stories like this make me remember why I have never let my girlfriend drive my car. I feel your pain, now make her feel some. ha ha

i took mine to audi and bite the bullet on the cost

but mine hit the curb sideways when i was on ice and knocked all 4 wheels out

if its minor kwik fit will charge (last i checked) 27 quid

Cars been to local tyre place with full laser 4wheel alignment, the left side was slightly out and adjusted, cost £30.00

Car feels alot better now, thing may have been out for a while to be honest!

Chris

lol after i got mine done it took me a while to get used to it again... mine musta been out since i got it!

but after the curbing the wheel was pretty much sideways when going straight

lol after i got mine done it took me a while to get used to it again... mine musta been out since i got it!
Same here I think,

The guy behind the desk was a good guy, I made the invoice out to the Mrs, hope she sees funny side:arco:

hearing stories like this make me remember why I have never let my girlfriend drive my car. I feel your pain, now make her feel some. ha ha

Nail on the head lol

+1 my friend!

:applaus:

Can I ask where you took to get it done?

I hit a pot hole a while back and I'm sure there's something not straight.:(

If you love your car that much, dont let split ***** drive it.. Simple

Can I ask where you took to get it done?

I hit a pot hole a while back and I'm sure there's something not straight.:(

North East tyre and exhaust in middlesbrough.

Teesside Audi quoted me silly prices,

Just make sure they select the correct car on their system, they had mine down as a A4!, Ended up going into the shop and making them select 8P 2006-onwards with sport chassis!

Lol Cheers guys, if I had curbed them, I would hold my hands up :detective2:

Stupidly I let her drive when I was in the car,

Never AGAIN

Cheers

Chris

Hi guys, on the way to pick up my mums car from the garage, my girlfriend gave me a lift in my A3, she decided to put it thru a gap not big enough for the car and hit the curb. she hit it side on, ie parallell with the curb at about 15mph. small mark on wheel but nothing "too bad", what are the chances of doing damage to the alignment/tracking etc?

Is it best to get it checked, audi quoted £170.00!!

Anywhere good around Teesside/Darlington area?

Cheers

Chris

town and country tyres in Boro. (the old firestation in south bank area)

Your girlfriend curbed yours bad Andy bet u ruined her when she got home. :busted_cop: