GIAC REMAP

Paul Laird

Reaction score
Hey i was wondering what kind of power people on here are running with giac remap on the s3 8p?? i have stage 1 remap on my s3 the now and was wanting to up the power, starting to get all my bits together i need to up the power, but was wondering if to change to revo??? as am wanting stage2+ power?? emailed starperfromace today jim said the most he see,s on his rollers is 345bhp?? is this all giac is good for??

cheers Paul

I got mine done there, GIAC re-map with ITG intake rolled @ 328 bhp......since found out there is a ''hammer'' & ''Extreme" map from Giac ive no idea if mine is any of these and wondered if you could shed any light on what the differences are ??
Jim didn't mention these when i got it done....

345bhp?? is this all giac is good for??

And you think that's bad in some way ?
For stage 1 that's an almost unbelievable figure.
Maximum I've seen on Stage 1 with no other hardware was about 325.
Revo 2+ always gets between 360 and 370.

Thats good power m8, god knows m8 thats why i emailed them today, i thought the extreme map was 360??, but he emailed me bk 2day saying the most hes seen on his rollers is 345?? wish someone would say extreme is this??? hammer is this???

And you think that's bad in some way ?
For stage 1 that's an almost unbelievable figure.
Maximum I've seen on Stage 1 with no other hardware was about 325.
Revo 2+ always gets between 360 and 370.

No m8 i emailed them told them i was wanting more power, told them i had a tb exhaust, intake, autotech fuel pump, uprated dv and giac STAGE 1 MAP ON IT THE NOW and wondered if giac,s other maps could get close to revo stage2+ power??? as my m8 is running stage2+ and its really good

Ive just checked the GIAC website and can only find the EXTREME map,which is basically the equivelent of Revo 2+ from my reading but has no power figures.
There is no mention of a Hammer map !?

Paul Laird - I'm with you now. I don't know much about GIAC Extreme but ask dc240969 about it as he has been looking into this for ages I think.

CJ3BLUE - The Hammer map has been around for at least 2 years - JamieKip, L6ON, JonnyC etc. were all running it back in 2007/8 so unless it's been withdrawn by GIAC it's pretty well established. Claimed 330bhp if I remember rightly but the rollers showed more like 320bhp every time I saw the results. Still a good map though by all accounts.

Paul Laird - I'm with you now. I don't know much about GIAC Extreme but ask dc240969 about it as he has been looking into this for ages I think.

CJ3BLUE - The Hammer map has been around for at least 2 years - JamieKip, L6ON, JonnyC etc. were all running it back in 2007/8 so unless it's been withdrawn by GIAC it's pretty well established. Claimed 330bhp if I remember rightly but the rollers showed more like 320bhp every time I saw the results. Still a good map though by all accounts.

cheers m8

The new Extreme + map see 370 - 375 bhp on v-power + more on race map with octane booster. This map needs 3" VF intake. Figures have been seen on 3 different cars, different days, indepentant rollers.

I'd contact Paul or Chris at Regal auto tuning about the extreme map. They are th uk disti's for GIAC so should be able to advise mate.
I really rate GIAC personally so worth a look ;)

No m8 i emailed them told them i was wanting more power, told them i had a tb exhaust, intake, autotech fuel pump, uprated dv and giac STAGE 1 MAP ON IT THE NOW and wondered if giac,s other maps could get close to revo stage2+ power??? as my m8 is running stage2+ and its really good

Is your exhaust not cat-back Paul as you've not got the MV fitted yet?
Star Performance are very modest with their dyno claims, but this is better then most tuners who are the complete opposite.

contact statller they do The GIAC equivilant of stage now which requires a fuel pump.