GIAC "PUMP" RE-MAP-HELP

S3 DCX

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,
Compete newbie to this online forum thing, but I've been on the "outside looking in" for some time now and time has come for me to jump in at the deep end. Here goes.....

Currently I am the owner of a clean, if not a little un-inspiring (nowadays anyway A3 2.0TDI Sport. I have just ordered an S3 which should be in my grubby mits by the begining of may. I have obviously test driven the car before signing my life away and found it an absolute pleasure to drive, yet still can't help but want more of something-torque.

Having driven a TDI now for the best part of two years, it's something that I have become accustomed to, and having looked at the figures and driven the car for myself, it's the one thing the S3 really didn't seem to blow my current motor away with. So I am left with a bit of a dilema!:uhm:
The obvious answer is to run the car in and get the car re-mapped, I'm no expert by any means but I believe that claimed torque for the S3 post-map is roughly the same as the RS4, approx. 420NM (GIAC "PUMP"). However, I'm sure that limping in to the dealership and trying to replace a blown turbo under warrenty would be a non starter as soon as they plug in to the car and realise it's been worked.

I suppose the question I'm trying to ask is just how transparent are the re-maps? I've heard about the flash counter not being affected, could somebody please explain? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers:beerchug:

Some repas don't write on the flash counter I believe Superchips doesn't...

But If you are remapping just because of the torque I would not bother... S3 is quite nice to drive and torque is adequate, pulls nicely from any gear, you can even start from 2nd gear without butning too much clutch....

Performance wise a remap makes sense if you want more power... I opted to leavde my S3 standard... is fast enough. I obviously want a faster/torquier car but will get that on my next car...

Pedro

Hi

Not heard of the GIAC 'PUMP' only heard of the 'Hammer' map

Lee

The PUMP map is the STD 310bhp map, about 310-20lbft.

If you buy the switch loader ( TBH you would be silly not to ) you can put it back to stock , but it's not your stock map , it's still GIAC's version of your map!

On routine servicing/warrenty work just put it back to stock and the dealer SHOULDN'T find it, but if you have a BIG warrnty claim blown engaine/cambelt snap ect , then go back to the GIAC dealer and get them to deleat the map FULLY!

p

but if you have a BIG warrnty claim blown engaine/cambelt snap ect , then go back to the GIAC dealer and get them to deleat the map FULLY!

p

In those circumstances the car would most likely be recovered to the nearest Audi workshop so you may not get the opportunity?

In those circumstances the car would most likely be recovered to the nearest Audi workshop so you may not get the opportunity?

LOL

yeah of course mate ( you wouldn't be able to drive it ) i was using the above as examples where Audi would INVESTIGATE the ECU and FIND the remap!

Thanks

p