1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Ghost immobiliser

voolooz Aug 6, 2018

1. zaka7

zaka7 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Nardo Audi RS3 S tronic

Sometimes I think the robbing scum themselves spread some of these 'work around issues' to try and put everyone off having systems like this.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

At least you had the good grace to come back on and explain their error, thanks for that. Nice to know that the system seems very secure. As I said originally there are no horror stories of ghost cars getting stolen afaik.

TX.

4. T-800

T-800 Guest

And people with other products to promote........

X3man, RS_Dan, zaka7 and 2 others like this.
  5. zaka7

zaka7 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Nardo Audi RS3 S tronic

I did say that in my first post that it was likely staged cause they were a clifford dealer.... now they're just back tracking lol.

X3man likes this.
  6. Mark@sasmobile

Mark@sasmobile Member

Evening Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to go back and clarify that their findings were false and also posting it on here. It just goes to show how quickly the internet can spread false information. I do wonder though, had I not posted yesterday you possibly wouldn't have gone back, got confirmation it was false and everyone would still believe the issue existed. Good on you for checking.
    I won't lie though, I still do not realistically believe it was an installation issue but more of a setup done to cast doubt over the product and now they're just back tracking! I really hope I'm wrong though!

For reasons unknown, some companies slag off rival products to push their own which is poor. I know there's quite a bit of heat between Clifford and Autowatch installers on social media at times and it comes as no surprise that they were a Clifford dealer (correct me if I'm wrong there). As I said previously, there's no right or wrong product for your car. Choose the one that suits your circumstances and gives peace of mind. Just ensure you choose a reputable company!

If I could ask that should anyone see these rumours circulating on other forums or social media then please direct them to this thread. It would be hugely appreciated.

All the best, Mark.

Thundercliffe81, zaka7, X3man and 2 others like this.
  7. neg

neg Active Member

I've had a couple of visits from Mark, very happy customer

The only thing I've not been keen on is the App. Had some issues in the past with various iOS updates so I just stopped using it.

Think I prefer the gearbox lock (being the older style the RS3 doesn't do this), still catches me out when accidentally put foot on the brake when pressing ignition button and it starts then cuts out ‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

This is where Autowatch themselves could help.

There is no list of authorised dealers/installers on their website that I can find...

9. Mark@sasmobile

Mark@sasmobile Member

You’re right there, there isn’t. If you’re from south of Birmingham then call and ask for the details of Brad Daniels who’s the southern area manger, if you’re north of Birmingham but south of Newcastle/Carlisle the ask for Simon Petterson who’s the Northern area manager and if you’re based in Scotland then ask for Brad Boxhall. These guys will direct you to their most competent installers.

I cover between Hull to Manchester Bury & Wigan areas and then between Darlington to Chesterfield.

Hope this helps. Failing that email me on sales@sasmobile.co.uk or call 0113 3979597 and I’ll do my best to help you (except for this week as I’m on holiday until the Monday 17th)

Thanks.

10. Sug

Sug Active Member

Hi
    I’ve just bought my PFL on Sunday and it already has a ghost immobiliser installed, all was well with it until today. I stopped engine and it wouldn’t start again. I managed to get the car going again using service mode then entering the pin. Two or three starts later it happened again Correct pin entered and indicators flashed as they should but when I put foot on brake and pressed start button it turned ignition off. I’m sure it has something to do with fob as when I opened door it started beeping and flashed up something along the lines of ignition key safe door mode???? After this happened I had a feeling it wasn’t going to start as it should. Am I turning car off in the correct way or opening door too soon? Im new to keyless cars and hope I’m not just been as thick as a whale omelette but I would appreciate any help on this. Cheers

11. T-800

T-800 Guest

Battery in your key perhaps ?

Does it do the same with the spare key ?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Mark@sasmobile

Mark@sasmobile Member

Hi Sug,

Reading between the lines, I’m assuming this is on an RS3?

14. Mark@sasmobile

Mark@sasmobile Member

When you turn the ignition on, and before starting are you getting a gearbox / drive train error?

15. Sug

Sug Active Member

Yes it is an RS3. Low battery in fob did flash up saying a change needed so will put a fresh set in. No there is no errors. Will see what tomorrow brings. It’s a security feature I would like to keep

16. Mark@sasmobile

Mark@sasmobile Member

Ok, there’s s quirk on some of the later RS3’s where once the Ghost has been triggered you have to:
    turn the ignition on only
    PIN number entered within 10 seconds
    Double flash confirmation
    Start Engine

If the pin isn’t entered within 10 seconds then once you go to start the car it will switch the ignition off instead of starting the engine, even though your pin was correct. It only does it on later models. I won’t explain why just for security though.

Hope this is of some use. If not then you can always call me once I’m back open next week and I’ll try go through it with you over the phone.

DW81, T-800 and terminator x like this.
  17. Sug

Sug Active Member

Ok thanks appreciate the help

Mark@sasmobile likes this.
  18. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

After reading this you can’t but be impressed with AWG, The best security mod on any vehicle in my opinion

19. Kaine19

Kaine19 Stage 2+ S3 8P now gone. Hello 2016 RS3 :) TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 Black Edition DSG

I believe ghost does have anti hijack like the clifford alarm right? Seen it on riks M4 on LLF. Im a bit like others in the fact that, if they cant start my car outside my house, then they are coming back in. I opted for blackjax on my S3 for that reason only.

20. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team Ara Blue Audi RS3 Audi S3

If that’s what Clifford dealers do, I won’t ever buy one of their products....never, they are as bad as the thieves

Mark@sasmobile likes this.
  21. Khunrichy

Khunrichy New Member

Any experienced reputable installers of these devices in the London area?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2018
  22. royalsteve68

Check with auto watch. John Kleis in reading are brilliant though

Khunrichy likes this.
  23. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter VCDS Map User Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

If you go onto the web site you can send them a E-mail asking who your local installer is and he will be credited by the company

Khunrichy likes this.
  24. Khunrichy

Khunrichy New Member

Thanks Guys. Found a place that does it for £350 in East London area

AudiNutta likes this.
  25. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter VCDS Map User Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Check out Autowatch to make sure he is a reputable installer cause normslly it's £399.

AudiNutta likes this.
  26. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Moderator Staff Member Moderator Sportback Gold Supporter Team Racing Blue Mica Audi RS3 quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

As above, Autowatch are very protective of pricing and don’t usually allow group buys or discounts it is a set fee. If they are charging £350, likelihood they aren’t fully supported by Autowatch.

27. Sug

Sug Active Member

Got the hang of mine now, great bit of kit. Added piece of mind with keyless.

ch1z64, DW81 and AudiNutta like this.
  28. bigup

bigup Seat Cupra 290 MY2019

How all

Does anyone know if this is true? Looking at getting AWG and this would be s feature I’d be after.

Thanks

29. T-800

T-800 Guest

Not on the RS3 I was told by Mark.

bigup likes this.
  30. bigup

bigup Seat Cupra 290 MY2019

Thanks for that.

Food for thought regrading blackjax vs Ghost

31. royalsteve68

I use John Kleis (Reading, Berks) as I trust them to do a good job. They've done all my stereo/etc installs over the past 30 years and rarely had an issue (dab issue on blackvue dashcams was the only issue but that was a product not install issue).

32. ARESSTREE

ARESSTREE New Member

Try SoundSecure in surrey

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Jimmgc51

Jimmgc51 Member

Just hopped in my hire car from Audi and realised I was putting my code in for Ghost ha .... second nature now

neg likes this.