Ghost immobiliser

S3AMK20VT

Reaction score
saw this in action this morning at my local garage, looked like a clever device. Basically the car wouldnt start until some kind of combinations of buttons was pressed. Even with they key! This seems like a good idea to get one of these installed especially on our theft prone S3's and winter settling in. Even more attaractive when I was getting a discounted price for a regualr customer :) Here whats im talking about
https://www.fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/autowatch-ghost-canbus-immobiliser.html

If a criminal is set on stealing your car enough to break in and forcefully take your keys, do you think they’ll have any qualms in threatening you/your family/your dog until you give the code away?

If they want it, I’d rather they just have easy access to the keys, and write it off (or make it go away permanently). That’s what insurance and GAP is for.

Last edited:
saw this in action this morning at my local garage, looked like a clever device. Basically the car wouldnt start until some kind of combinations of buttons was pressed. Even with they key! This seems like a good idea to get one of these installed especially on our theft prone S3's and winter settling in. Even more attaractive when I was getting a discounted price for a regualr customer :) Here whats im talking about
https://www.fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/autowatch-ghost-canbus-immobiliser.html
Expensive, I have been quoted under £400 fitted by my local fiteer. Others on here are also under £400.

@paradigital I know what you are saying, but it's not always about the keys:

Yes if they want it 100% are you are about they may be brave enough to come back in, but this will stop theft when you are away and out of site!

I see a lot of vehicles with these installed and think its a great system. Might be an idea to arm the system when out and about and disarm when home because as stated above, after steeling your keys the scum might revisit for the pass code.

Reactions: Djs3saloon and T-800
If a criminal is set on stealing your car enough to break in and forcefully take your keys, do you think they’ll have any qualms in threatening you/your family/your dog until you give the code away?

If they want it, I’d rather they just have easy access to the keys, and write it off (or make it go away permanently). That’s what insurance and GAP is for.
A car that won't start might just be broken.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joe4842 and davc
There will be a group buy for this going up soon, £350 fitted in Cardiff with a failsafe incase it doesn’t work for some reason.

You’re lucky then because the RRP is £400, I’d snap it up
Just done a fast google and there are a few places offering it for £350 if fitted at their location, more if they come to you.

Reactions: T-800
Just done a fast google and there are a few places offering it for £350 if fitted at their location, more if they come to you.

Interesting, never googled it but the few companies I’ve looked at and what the majority say they pay on here seems to end up at £400.

£50 isn’t worth travelling miles for, I’d rather pay £400 and ensure it is fitted well.

Yes fr&r have offered me it for 399 fitted rather have it done here if any problems they are local and if i sell the car can take it out and put in new car. Nav always looks after me top bloke. For what it costs i think its well worth it. Cheaper than your insurance excess if car does get stolen.

Reactions: Joe4842
£369 I got quoted, fitted at my home.

Out of interest, if anyone is 100% interested who lives in the Chester/Wirral/ area and wants one, let me know and I'll contact him and see if he can do us a deal!

Ive never been a fan of mobile guys. Some mates have used mobile tuning guys and when they have problems they have had difficulty getting in touch with them. Also im happy to talk to fr&r for a deal if there is anyone around leeds/bradford area? Pm me

I have this also and it's a great bit of kit!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dannymoto
I see a lot of vehicles with these installed and think its a great system. Might be an idea to arm the system when out and about and disarm when home because as stated above, after steeling your keys the scum might revisit for the pass code.

There will be a group buy for this going up soon, £350 fitted in Cardiff with a failsafe incase it doesn’t work for some reason.

I’ve been quoted that anyway as a standard install.....

Yes fr&r have offered me it for 399 fitted rather have it done here if any problems they are local and if i sell the car can take it out and put in new car. Nav always looks after me top bloke. For what it costs i think its well worth it. Cheaper than your insurance excess if car does get stolen.

Ive never been a fan of mobile guys. Some mates have used mobile tuning guys and when they have problems they have had difficulty getting in touch with them. Also im happy to talk to fr&r for a deal if there is anyone around leeds/bradford area? Pm me

I have this also and it's a great bit of kit!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hmm dilemma! Just phoned another place up who has a unit and brings in an auto electrician to do their Ghost systems @ £400 fitted vs £369 for a guy coming to my house?!?!? Not sure which to go for...opinions?

My pocket is saying save the £30, but my head is saying go for the place you can walk back into! This is the place in question http://www.apmcustoms.co.uk/ they deal with a lot of high end cars...so maybe worth the extra?!?! He also invited me down to see one in use and pick up some information and does seem a nice guy....going down there to look now :) Could be dangerous! as I'm thinking about wrapping the mirrors and roof and I'm visiting a place that does just that :D

Reactions: Sandra
@S32B and so it begins Steve, lol. :)

Reactions: S32B
Booked in to be done :)

He showed me the system working on an M3, it's good. I got the feeling instantly that they care about the cars they work on, everyone there is happy and friendly, the place is spotless! Everything from the system to 'if they damage the car' is covered by them, any problems just take it back and it's sorted, it's also local, so that's worth the extra £30 in my mind :)

Reactions: Cambaines and Daz4311
ok so after speaking to FR&RTuning they can offer £375 fitted at their workshop (BD3 9LY) as a group buy price. Just call Nav on 07594040272 to arrange a mention the forum for this price.

ok so after speaking to FR&RTuning they can offer £375 fitted at their workshop (BD3 9LY) as a group buy price. Just call Nav on 07594040272 to arrange a mention the forum for this price.

Please read the paragraph below. There will be an authorised group buy coming soon from our site sponsor ASAP. We won’t be running any other group buys for autowatch ghost with other companies on the forum.

@APM Customs

(6) Audi-Sport.net recognises the value to its members and the wider community of 'Group Buys' - a practice in which a member or trader negotiates a discount for a particular product or service based upon a minimum required quantity to be purchased/undertaken. It is in the interests of Audi-Sport.net, its members, partner companies and the wider community that these are managed as carefully as possible. ANYONE wishing to publicise/offer a 'Group Buy' on Audi-Sport.net MUST contact a site Administrator to discuss/negotiate each 'Group Buy'. Failure to do so may result in the 'Group Buy' being removed from the site, and/or sanctions on the originating account

Please read the paragraph below. There will be an authorised group buy coming soon from our site sponsor ASAP. We won’t be running any other group buys for autowatch ghost with other companies on the forum.

@APM Customs

(6) Audi-Sport.net recognises the value to its members and the wider community of 'Group Buys' - a practice in which a member or trader negotiates a discount for a particular product or service based upon a minimum required quantity to be purchased/undertaken. It is in the interests of Audi-Sport.net, its members, partner companies and the wider community that these are managed as carefully as possible. ANYONE wishing to publicise/offer a 'Group Buy' on Audi-Sport.net MUST contact a site Administrator to discuss/negotiate each 'Group Buy'. Failure to do so may result in the 'Group Buy' being removed from the site, and/or sanctions on the originating account

sorry didnt see that