GFB DV+

I think DV+ is a nice option and works well when it works correctly, but it needs maintenance and the cost is a little high. The OEM part can definitely hold enough boost for bigger power applications and that's enough for me.

The DV+ might be worth it for some people, but I'm happy to have a spare Rev G in the boot should it fail. Given that both have the potential to go wrong, I'd rather be replacing a £50 part then a £105 one :)

Reactions: S. and ch1z64
Gather TPS will have

Cheapest I ever found is via *** Online - AKS charge quite a bit for shipping unfortunately and TPS seem to be clamping down on non-trade customers in many branches, plus *** have always been cheaper for any genuine part.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Cheapest I ever found is via *** Online - AKS charge quite a bit for shipping unfortunately and TPS seem to be clamping down on non-trade customers in many branches, plus *** have always been cheaper for any genuine part.
No upto date with the lingo who are *** ( could u post link please )

No upto date with the lingo who are *** ( could u post link please )

Just search for it in google or on Facebook - it's a FaceBook page run by a parts manager for a VAG dealership and they offer genuine parts for less then TPS does with fast shipping. Same place that sorted me out a brand new engine for a very reasonable price when my original died. I used them ever since.

I don’t think there is an issue with the DV+ as such but I won’t go back to it now. If I have to replace my RevG every 10k miles then so be it.

Just search for it in google or on Facebook - it's a FaceBook page run by a parts manager for a VAG dealership and they offer genuine parts for less then TPS does with fast shipping. Same place that sorted me out a brand new engine for a very reasonable price when my original died. I used them ever since.
Ok dokie @leshkin , me one off the minority who no use Facebook , but will get the son to have a look for me thanks :icon thumright:

I'd never heard of *** either, but now I know they are an hour up the road and provide a good service I will give them a go the next time I need something.

Reactions: leshkin
Ok dokie @leshkin , me one off the minority who no use Facebook , but will get the son to have a look for me thanks :icon thumright:

I don't use FB either - only use it for car-related stuff on there as many of the car/track day forum groups are on there now. I pinged you their number either way.

Reactions: ch1z64
Thanks Lesh
Excuse my ignorance but is a turbo not constantly pressurising ? so when does a DV need to hold pressure ? obviously it does or they wouldn't do a leak down test they would just measure boost ?

Sorry, missed this - the turbo would not be spinning fast enough to generate boost at idle or lower RPM, so below 2k rpm you're likely running no boost. You'll actually be running negative pressure as the vacuum in the intake manifold would be pulling air into the intake, just like a normally aspirated engine does. As revs build, exhaust gas spins the turbo up and you get boost and all the power that comes with it.

One thing to remember is that boost is not constant - it will vary over the rev range due to a number of factors, so when people talk about running 1.8bar of boost, it's likely they are referring to the peak number at a set rpm level.

Reactions: paddy and ch1z64
@paddy ur the man , glad u posted this DV+ as me personnally are finding heaps out everyday a School day :thumbs up::thumbs up:and loving how the experienced guys are adding.

Last edited:
Sorry, missed this - the turbo would not be spinning fast enough to generate boost at idle or lower RPM, so below 2k rpm you're likely running no boost. You'll actually be running negative pressure as the vacuum in the intake manifold would be pulling air into the intake, just like a normally aspirated engine does. As revs build, exhaust gas spins the turbo up and you get boost and all the power that comes with it.

One thing to remember is that boost is not constant - it will vary over the rev range due to a number of factors, so when people talk about running 1.8bar of boost, it's likely they are referring to the peak number at a set rpm level.

Great post @leshkin

No issues with my DV+ so I’ll stick with it ...

I still think that the dv + gives the extra confidence of a mechanical spring that doesn’t release until the pressure point whatever the electronic dv thinks it wants to do.

I’m gonna see how the Dv + vta and a new dv G version work together

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VTA fitted + new dv

b62f29cebfc11f571330f0bc03023361.jpg

dad1fea3fb8f3a9682e3c10f6094bca1.jpg

I still think that the dv + gives the extra confidence of a mechanical spring that doesn’t release until the pressure point whatever the electronic dv thinks it wants to do.

I’m gonna see how the Dv + vta and a new dv G version work together

But i dont know anyone who retained the spring when fitting the DV+ ?

I have both springs in mine.
If i remove the spring behind the piston it stops the flutter noise.

Is there a spring in the OEM diverter?

I checked my DV+ box and it has a spring sitting in it .... Stock or did they leave one out?

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Is there a spring in the OEM diverter?

I checked my DV+ box and it has a spring sitting in it .... Stock or did they leave one out?

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

The stock oem valve has a spring in it that is replaced with the DV+ one in the kit

There is a spring in the OEM diverter valve. However, it is weaker than the thin spring in the DV+

So is the gfb dv not recommended? And the g version from audi or TPS is the best to get?

I have had mine fitted for a year now with no problems. i am only using one spring.

Bump on this

I may go back to G revision shortly as I want MAX BURPS YO! Haha

But honestly did anyway notice there burps/farts change when messing about with different DV's??

I'm pretty sure my burp went away when I changed to GFB DV+ from a G

Sent from my highchair using Tapacar

Hi folks,

I recently bought Audi A3 2008 1.4 TFSI (CAXC) at ~130k KM. According to Preventative maintenance thread, I already replaced some parts, cam follower, cam chain and tensioner, pcv, fuel filter, spark plugs and ofcourse oil and filters. Now, I thinking about diverter valve replacement but as I can see, diverter valve is already replaced to Pierburg rev G (06F145710G) but problem is that I do not know when. Diverter looks fine visually, rubber and O rings looks good and I have not noticed problems. If I upgrade rev G to GFB DV+ what can I expect, maybe some performance improvement or nothing? I have to mention that is everything stock on my engine and nothing is tunned.