GFB DV+ For 8V

gnic13

Audi S3 8V
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wondered if anyone has fitted this to their 8V and has any +/- feedback?
I had this on my 8P and was quite impressed but i had read up on a good few reviews prior to taking the plunge!

Cheers

Gnic

Yes indeed I have one. Great product....nice little bit of extra sound (not intrusive at all), better throttle response and have had no problems with it in many months. Saying all of this, I am about to change it for a Forge Atmospheric valve....which if I don't like then I will put the GFB back on and never touch it again.

Reactions: Wondering Soul
whats wrong with the OEM ?i know they can pack up on the older models quite easy. are the 8v oem capable ?

whats wrong with the OEM ?i know they can pack up on the older models quite easy. are the 8v oem capable ?
Did see a Golf R on Facebook pulling over 400bhp at the time and spoke to the garage in the comments and he quoted on several occasions that the stock valve was still being used and seemed able to hold under increased boost! Sounded pretty good as well!

Reactions: Rumpelkillskins and RO65ERS
Did see a Golf R on Facebook pulling over 400bhp at the time and spoke to the garage in the comments and he quoted on several occasions that the stock valve was still being used and seemed able to hold under increased boost! Sounded pretty good as well!

A case of don't replace what isn't broken.
For the price, I'd hold on to the oem one till its needed.

Hey man, did u end up sticking with the forge or go back to the gfb??!
well....I only had the Forge BOV on for a few weeks before someone crashed into my car and I still don't have it back yet.
anyway...when I do I will most probably keep the Forge one on....I can't honestly tell much difference in performance between the two, but the noise the Forge makes is quite cool

Reactions: RO65ERS and Rumpelkillskins
I've had mine on for a couple of weeks now, throttle response is much more noticeable, and a nice little wine from the turbo

well....I only had the Forge BOV on for a few weeks before someone crashed into my car and I still don't have it back yet.
anyway...when I do I will most probably keep the Forge one on....I can't honestly tell much difference in performance between the two, but the noise the Forge makes is quite cool

did it give the "desired (for some)" tsshh blow off noise on throttle release / gear change, as its atmospheric?
i was under the impression that these engines like to run / perform better on a fully recirc BOV?

Reactions: PanamaS3
no noise at all when throttle is released, which is good for me as i'm not a fan of the tsshhh, maybe if i was 21 still.

Reactions: RO65ERS
perfect!

but the only way to be faster than the limited edition 1.2 cross boys, is to have the tsshh! without that, there is no evidence that our cars are actually boosted at all!

Reactions: PanamaS3
The S3 is a gentlemans racer not a 2004 plate scooby.

Reactions: Rumpelkillskins and PanamaS3
Ah gutted man. Bad news about the motor. Hope everything gets sorted. :disappointed:
yeah thanks mate....just got told today there are more parts that they are waiting for which will take another week to get here...so far 6 weeks now and counting...

did it give the "desired (for some)" tsshh blow off noise on throttle release / gear change, as its atmospheric?
i was under the impression that these engines like to run / perform better on a fully recirc BOV?
yes its atmospheric and does make the patented boyracer testosterone injected "tssssshhhh" noise....does it quietly when poodling and very loud when booting it....fortunately where I live it makes my man vegetables look really large as they like that kind of thing here...but my inner gentleman does wince a bit and half expects some old lady to wave her walking stick at me one day when I tsssssshhhhhh past her :) I've heard or read nothing adverse about these engines and atmospheric...my mechanic swore to me that it was better for the pressure to be let out quickly....
I think we should ask Simon at TTE ( @TTE Si ) what he thinks (pros/cons) because his new TTE525R I think recommends the BOV on it....just not sure if its atmospheric or not...

Reactions: RO65ERS
i would be intrigued to here what the pro / cons are for running an atmospheric or fully recirc .

im not sure if its a noise that I'm after, i much prefer chatter from an open CAI!
i ran a NEUspeed P-flo on my last 2.0 TFSI, in my cupra.the noise of that was awesome. Darth vadar in my glove box on WOT and awesome chatter off throttle!

Some of the guys running a lot of power on big turbo engines used to recommend(or at least say they did) changing to an atmospheric valve,to get around problems with airflow on throttle closure through the conventional DV and piping back into the inlet.

I even know one who experimented with 2 DV's.

Put this another way....mine,running full boost,didn't need any of that,and the engine can continue to work in the way it's intended to,i.e.with mass air flow metering.

It will run without,by defaulting to using the MAP sensor instead of course,if you use an atmospheric valve.