Getting more power out of my A4 1.9tdi Avant

joe_g

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum, bought an audi A4 avant about a month ago. I'm now looking at ways to increase the BHP from the 130 as standard.

Ive looked at the remap option which would apparently give me an estimated 165-170 bhp. What else is out there to up the figure???

Any help appreciated, cheeeeers :)

Personally the 170 map is great transformation to a 130 pd and with the torque then just below 300lb ft @ 2K you dont need any more especially in a FWD if thats what you have ?
it still turns fantastic economy with good power its a good balance of both but still a good mile muncher with good acceleration ,
you can get more power with different injectors / turbos and remaps but you have to start spending some good money and if your not carefull your going to get into clutch trouble and DMF (Dual Mass Flywheel) trouble
hope my rambling helped a little get a remap you wont be disapointed its about the low down torque more than anything :).

Paul who did you go with for your remap??

I bought it with it , ive driven loads of standard ones for comparison and its fantastic over stock
i have a RR print out somewhere but we havent long moved so everything is all over the place if i get a chance i will try and find it mate or it will turn up with all the rest of paper work :) .

joe g - try the remap first.... fantastic value at £250 for a RR before, choice of remaps and a RR after to confirm gains / problems... the majority of steps over 160-170bhp are 10x more expensive as they're likely to need clutch upgrades too... plus if it's a FWD, you'll start runing into traction probs and lose most of the fuel economy.... even a fairly conservative 155bhp remap will transform the car as the remaps open a lot of the lower torque.

Other issues will be around noise - if you start opening up induction and exhaust you may get a lot mroe resonance - which ruins that car's ability to cruise comfortably....

Last edited:
Cheers for the info Paul yeah if you do find it let us know.

I just had a PM form Chip n Spin in regards to the ST3 module they do which looks good as it can hold 2 different maps plus the device can also read and clear fault codes. The maps they do give the following results on the 1.9tdi 130 engine:

Eco - 25hp 50nm
Fast Road - 45hp - 75nm
Race - 60hp 100nm

Also confirmed that the ST3 is £399 to Audi-Sport members. Am gonna get my car first and then decide what to do.