Getting launch control counter with VCDS?

andyt99

Reaction score
Anyone done this? I tried to do this on my RS3 yesterday but we couldn't find it. We followed various different instructions we found in different forums, but it's like the codings are different. One said to find #511 in the advanced measuring blocks of the gearbox, but when we went in, the numbers were different and it wasn't in the descriptions that VCDS offered.

Anyone done this? I tried to do this on my RS3 yesterday but we couldn't find it. We followed various different instructions we found in different forums, but it's like the codings are different. One said to find #511 in the advanced measuring blocks of the gearbox, but when we went in, the numbers were different and it wasn't in the descriptions that VCDS offered.
I have had many requests for this and so far have been unable to find the counter :(

It was a Mk1 thing wasn't it?

TX.

Edit - @DJAlix as you are the VCDS guru I see from other threads that people are suggesting that the exhaust valves can be popped open using VCDS; I'd always thought that not possible certainly on the RS3?

Ah okay, thanks for replying. As my car is ex-demo, it's perhaps best that I don't know..

Thanks but no, that's the stuff that appears to be wrong for the 8V. The second screenshot in the second link showing the 492+ numbers in the list, it doesn't come up like that on the RS3. The location numbers are all in a different format and none of them say launch control. It wasn't my VCDS and I didn't have long with it, so perhaps I'll buy one then I can spend a lot longer with it and see what I can figure out.