Getting fed up with Audi's now

stressfrees3

Reaction score
Had an S3 on a 51reg, A4 Avant tdi on 53reg and now sportback tdi 170bhp 57reg and now losing faith in the quality of the cars. S3 had coil pack and wiring loom problems. A4 had clutch and flywheel replacement ,air con unit replacement, new speedo, vibration with the steering but not due to the rack and new drivers door handle, A3 sportback has just had a new sterring rack, flywheel and what next.

the current car has 4500miles on the clock. What more can go wrong. I would love to get an S5 but what will I get? Is this bad luck or ??????? Has anyone else lost faith in audi....oh yes plus poor customer services.

shhhhhhhhhhh

Everyone on here will shout at you and call you nasty names if you speak foul of Audi

With that amount of bad luck, I think you should look elsewhere for your next car

If you want another Audi get another Audi I say. You could change brand and still have bad luck - you're probably due a good one if anything!

Hope your luck turns for the better. If I'd had that kind of 'luck' I'd be looking elsewhere, definitely.

But shhhhhh - don't encourage the same people to say the same negative things post and post, albeit moving a few words around!

Thats poor luck mate... I think vehicles of the mass production kind will always suffer. Audi is better than most I would say.

*That last comment was for Bacardi ;) *

Unlucky mate

I think its pot luck when buying a car of any brand.

Audi, BMW, Mercs even Bentley's have problems!

:sign_unfair:

Sounds like really bad luck, as i'm sure 99% of people on here have had really good experiences, I know I have.

Are you buying these cars from a particular dealer? or anything else that is consistent among the cars?

I had a lot of problems with my A3 2.0FSI, but to be honest it didn't really bother me cos Audi always gave me really nice cars to drive around in while mine was in the shop! (about 5 separate occations in 60,000 miles / 4 years).

So far (20,000/8 months) the S3 has been a peach!

I had a lot of problems with my A3 2.0FSI, but to be honest it didn't really bother me cos Audi always gave me really nice cars to drive around in while mine was in the shop! (about 5 separate occations in 60,000 miles / 4 years).

I wish mine was!!! Love it to bits though, just hope they look after her in the workshop. Washed it tonight in preparation for going in tommorow in the hope they will take care of a clean car :)

Its not bad luck at all. Audi are lately making bad cars.

My Sportback Tdi 140 started with problems at 3000km and 3 months. Engine vibrations, that it would not start properly, choke, struggle and eventually die out (that still has not been fixed after several atempts and several CPU programings).

Turbo changed, gearbox changed, headlamps changed, dual mass flywheel changed...

Now it has 40.000km and I am also thinking "what next".

To me, Audi don't know or have forgotten how to make a quality car. Best of all is that their "apparent quality" is great. They look better built than others... but thats about all, they only look better built.

I like Audi a lot as a whole but lately i am getting cold feet. Finding the car a little sterile but thats not a fault of the A3, i think it applies to every Audi model. It's just their design philosophy i guess....The cars seem to lack soul. No complaints technically about the car though, all is fine so far....

I wish mine was!!! Love it to bits though, just hope they look after her in the workshop. Washed it tonight in preparation for going in tommorow in the hope they will take care of a clean car :)

this is what I don't understand

I get slated for moaning yet you guys have also had pretty poor experiences and seem to be subservient to the brand and totally accepting, makes no sense to me

this is what I don't understand

I get slated for moaning yet you guys have also had pretty poor experiences and seem to be subservient to the brand and totally accepting, makes no sense to me

Fact of the matter is you will ALWAYS get bad service or a bad car discussed at some point on a forum!
I had VW's before this and spent quite a lot of time on UKMKIV's.net
You will always hear someone daily slating dealers/the car itself.
Same with BMW's, mercs, hell anything...
Bar lexus and skoda it seems haha!:respekt:

Im not subservient to the brand, A bit miffed at that comment mate.

Youre a bit confused here because your mixing up my love for the "Car" for blind brand snobbery... Seriously, If there was another "Car" out there that appealed, I'd move over, regardless of the badge..

Im not the "Audi Worshipper" mate, I just love the car...

Does this explain it better?

In my opinion it seems to me that Audi are banging out too many cars lately and i think the 'dogs' or friday cars are cropping up more regularly.
To say that ALL brands suffer from this problem simply isn't true. Some of you may know differently but i've never known anyone have a carrera recently which was a dog, or more to the point BMW seem to be making good cars again recently.
I could be wrong and i'm sure some of you know of people who have had bad Porsche's and BMW's in the last 5 years but i haven't...

How funny...I also do this, my other half always takes the p**s and says I`m mad!:happy:

Back to the original post...I also think you have just been unlucky,I have had a couple of issues with mine but nothing major and was sorted out very quick-agree customer service has been known to be a bit poor with dealers but touch wood-mine(norwich) have been reasonable ok.:unsure:
But my car is older than alot on here.

Im not subservient to the brand, A bit miffed at that comment mate.

Youre a bit confused here because your mixing up my love for the "Car" for blind brand snobbery... Seriously, If there was another "Car" out there that appealed, I'd move over, regardless of the badge..

Im not the "Audi Worshipper" mate, I just love the car...

Does this explain it better?

why be miffed? I was just trying to understand why you, and one or two others, who have had what I would class as pretty serious repeat issues, seem happy to jump on anyone who complains

I do understand your love for the car, when I first got mine, i loved it too, i still love the DSG box and the interior and the overall styling

Im just saying im not blinkered to the Audi brand. Further, i do understand youve had a bad craic mate, but in the past ive tried to put across that not ALL audis can be dogs, its like saying all germans are *******. *cough* bad analogy maybe.. But in general i would say "Most" people are happy.

Im just saying im not blinkered to the Audi brand. Further, i do understand youve had a bad craic mate, but in the past ive tried to put across that not ALL audis can be dogs, its like saying all germans are *******. *cough* bad analogy maybe.. But in general i would say "Most" people are happy.

I do agree, not all Audi's are dogs, just seem to be some horribly common themes with them!

top anology BTW :)

In my opinion it seems to me that Audi are banging out too many cars lately and i think the 'dogs' or friday cars are cropping up more regularly.
To say that ALL brands suffer from this problem simply isn't true. Some of you may know differently but i've never known anyone have a carrera recently which was a dog, or more to the point BMW seem to be making good cars again recently.
I could be wrong and i'm sure some of you know of people who have had bad Porsche's and BMW's in the last 5 years but i haven't...

I do, not Porsche, BMW that is.

Bad luck. Have you all bought them new?

yes they are all new and they have been from different dealers. It sounds like a lexus could be along the way then or that dreaded b_w...... but over my wife's dead body.
Thanks for all the comments and experiences that everybody has had with Audi's but third time lucky is definately not in my dictionary!

That is pure luck... there are lemons everywhere!!! Have you seen the news about the Ferrari 599 caught fire just when stopped at the lights??

I had been very lucky with all my cars... I thing secret is using the car a lot and for longer trips... it seems to work better that way... Motorways are quite healthy for cars... towns are a disaster....

Pedro

That is pure luck... there are lemons everywhere!!! Have you seen the news about the Ferrari 599 caught fire just when stopped at the lights??

I had been very lucky with all my cars... I thing secret is using the car a lot and for longer trips... it seems to work better that way... Motorways are quite healthy for cars... towns are a disaster....

Pedro

Pedro i'm not sure i'd agree that consistant quality in cars is pure luck. I honestly think Porsche 911's seem to be as close to bombproof lately as most cars get. They're far from perfect but they're very good.
The 599 catching fire is a design fault, has to be. Wouldn't surprise me if there's a recall soon... Do you remember Ferrari recalling the first batch of 360's due to the headlight lens focusing the sun onto the paintwork and burning holes in it! D'OH!!!!! Didn't think of that one in the design office did they!!

Paul.

Purely by statistics someone is bound to get unlucky. Unless we are going for Italian, or French, I think our chances of getting a problematic unit from BMW, Audi, and Merc, are very similar. Heard all kinds of horror stories from owners from these 3 makes...

If you want to reduce your chances of getting a lemon... Go for a Toyota Corolla...No problems, no fun, no appeal...