Getting damp around pollen filter

MingeBlue

Reaction score
My car has been misting up alot so much so today I found pools of water on my dash. I had nee windscreen fitted 2 years ago it started misting then, i had autoglass out to look and they said water was getting in above the pollen filter so they resealed it. I stuck my hand in that area today and the sponge bit that runs under the scuttle plate above the filter was totally wet through, as i ran my hand down it towards the driver side it was dry, so it looks like the same problem.

Strange as they said the resealed it so thinking may be the scuttle plate damaged or something, has anyone had same problem getting wet in same area ? I was looking at the pollen filter cover that you fold back and when in place there is a slight gap on far right side if you stand in fton of car, the rubber bit doesnt look torn but in not sure as nothing to compare against.

Also engine warning light came on today might just be unlucky and its nothing to do with the damp but out of interest where is the ecu on the car i thought it was in that area, car driving fine though.

thanks

Seen a few threads with same problem pointing to bad fitting scuttle plate. I just had a look on mine and on the drivers side up to the middle the plastic is flush with the windscreen but from that point onwards to the passenger side it isnt flush with a gap of a few mm. Should the scuttle plate be flush all along and if it isnt I take it I can blame autoglass, I see alot of post saying its a ***** to fit ?

I've had this issue. I even had a puddle in my car from it.

Check the plastics below the window are seated correctly and the pollen Fliters cover.

I added a bit of silicone to seal it bebetter good luck