Getting 8V

Patrico777

Reaction score
hi currently own audi a3 tdi s line black edition 61 plate that is for sell atm kind off like the new 8V now want to get s line one wanting TFSI 2.0 but cannot find any so I will be going for the 2.0TDi 150deffinetly what shld I look out for thinking of getting one from Car Giant
My car pic if any1 want to buy it

Attachments

• D212D8CF-927C-4E44-B16F-14376E05BC63.jpeg
    D212D8CF-927C-4E44-B16F-14376E05BC63.jpeg
    605.1 KB · Views: 138
Have you test drove them? Not sure what size engine you have now but the 2L tfsi is a different beast to the 2L tdi. I would throw the 1.5 tfsi into the mix and test drive that before setting on one.

My previous was a 2L tdi, test drove the 1.4 tfsi before I changed cars as I do less miles now. I was blown away with how quick it was.

Depends on what your looking for with the initial thought of moving over to petrol.

Last edited:
Have you test drove them? Not sure what size engine you have now but the 2L tfsi is a different beast to the 2L tdi. I would throw the 1.5 tfsi into the mix and test drive that before setting on one.

My previous was a 2L tdi, test drove the 1.4 tfsi before I changed cars as I do less miles now. I was blown away with how quick it was.

Depends on what your looking for with the initial thought of moving over to petrol.
No I did not test drive any just yet 1.4 isnit nippy ? I will deffinetly test drive any issues with 2.0 tdi as I had egr problems with mine which got fixed free of charge by audi

No I did not test drive any just yet 1.4 isnit nippy ? I will deffinetly test drive any issues with 2.0 tdi as I had egr problems with mine which got fixed free of charge by audi
Yes the 1.4 is very nippy, its in the same league as the 2L tdi. Its probably slightly quicker 0-60 than the tdi. As i say i dont know what your looking for but depending on how many miles you do it could be a better/cheaper option.

The engine line up change with the facelift, they replaced the 1.4 with the 1.5. As your talking about the 2L tfsi then I assume your looking at the FL so need to look at the 1.5 for comparison of trim.

Yes the 1.4 is very nippy, its in the same league as the 2L tdi. Its probably slightly quicker 0-60 than the tdi. As i say i dont know what your looking for but depending on how many miles you do it could be a better/cheaper option.

The engine line up change with the facelift, they replaced the 1.4 with the 1.5. As your talking about the 2L tfsi then I assume your looking at the FL so need to look at the 1.5 for comparison of trim.
Im looking for something up to 12k so something like this That is on pic below but 2.0TDi i do around 12k annually

Attachments

• 8B1093BD-2A6F-4A19-B531-DA76E8974B08.png
    8B1093BD-2A6F-4A19-B531-DA76E8974B08.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
If you can find a used 2.0TFSI at a decent price it will be soooo much better to drive than a TDi 150 or 184. Expect around 40mpg for a fwd against 50mpg for a diesel so not that much more expensive to run at 12k miles a year

Reactions: josul
If you can find a used 2.0TFSI at a decent price it will be soooo much better to drive than a TDi 150 or 184. Expect around 40mpg for a fwd against 50mpg for a diesel so not that much more expensive to run at 12k miles a year
Agree with you there, I'd say the 1.4 would be better to drive too compared to the 2L tdi 150. I doubt you would find a 2L tfsi for near 12k though. That engine was release with the FL, you may even be hard pushed to find a FL for 12k.

Agree with you there, I'd say the 1.4 would be better to drive too compared to the 2L tdi 150. I doubt you would find a 2L tfsi for near 12k though. That engine was release with the FL, you may even be hard pushed to find a FL for 12k.

Hi the 150ps pulls ok. I’ve got the quattro sportback n just had a custom remap to 196bhp it’s rapid now n feels amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: josul
Hi the 150ps pulls ok. I’ve got the quattro sportback n just had a custom remap to 196bhp it’s rapid now n feels amazing

Got some more info on it how its like etc on petrol and no issues with dpf egr ?

It’s a little better on fuel. I’ve posted for advice on here it’s only been done 3weeks I’ve drove it hard I do around 300mile a week. So I don’t think there will be a problem with the dpf, but there has been a smell I’ve been unsure of 3times I’ve got it booked in Monday to be checked over to see what they say. From what I heard on here it should be fine. It feels like a rocket. I think the smell is down to regen running hotter when pushing hard.

I know, I owned one for two and a half years and loved it. As I say I test drove the 1.4 and was blown away with it. At 12k miles a year not sure I would go with the tdi.

Thats one remap you got going there. What mpg you getting out of it so far?

55ish on a long run @ 70-80mph. I’m well happy I just want to check this smell is nothing as I’ve worried, there is something wrong. but been told it should be good as the torque was kept low ish I told the company that did it I didn’t want to kill the clutch as drive like a **** lol so he held it back n said it could of taken another 15bhp. I had an the last shape s3 n doesn’t feel much slower.
And the 1.4 is a sweet engine I had a q2 s tronic as a curtesy car a while back n though it was mint

55ish on a long run @ 70-80mph. I’m well happy I just want to check this smell is nothing as I’ve worried, there is something wrong. but been told it should be good as the torque was kept low ish I told the company that did it I didn’t want to kill the clutch as drive like a **** lol so he held it back n said it could of taken another 15bhp. I had an the last shape s3 n doesn’t feel much slower.
And the 1.4 is a sweet engine I had a q2 s tronic as a curtesy car a while back n though it was mint
That's a great result. Sounds like it's an animal now with that increase mate. Yeah just read your other thread. Hope it's just wirh it being early days and the smell goes.

Cheers it’s booked back in Monday for a check up with Dervtech that did the map they seem really good with great reviews so I’m sure if there’s our to worry about they will sort it Lol

That would be a bargain!
I said 12k miles a year as in doing 12000 miles a year, not if you could find a FL 2.0TFSI car for £12k.

That would be a bargain!
I said 12k miles a year as in doing 12000 miles a year, not if you could find a FL 2.0TFSI car for £12k.
I know you were, I said that as the OP is wanting a 2L tfsi and has a budget of £12k which is what I am referring to mate:

Im looking for something up to 12k so something like this That is on pic below but 2.0TDi i do around 12k annually

Edit: And yeah your right it would be a bargain, he would have to beat me to the checkout for it!

I know you were, I said that as the OP is wanting a 2L tfsi and has a budget of £12k which is what I am referring to mate:
Edit: And yeah your right it would be a bargain, he would have to beat me to the checkout for it!
Not if I saw it first

I find one 1.8tfsi black edition 60 plate 9,500 but been told before july 11 all of them suffer burning oil