Get mine back today

HotboxDeluxe

automatic
Reaction score
It's been at the stealers for the last 4 days having a new wing fitted and painted (******* hit-and-run :gun2:) and even though I'm not passionate about it (it's probably the dearest and nicest car I've had so far, but I still view it as an appliance - got no personality!) I've still been missing it!

I hope they do a good job :drag:

Oh and it'll be cleaned and the summer 18's back on, so a bit of a makeover day :happy:

Feeling the same about mine already, Although i love it as a car, its just a really dull in every way! Nobody even comments on it, I'm used to having people act suprised and even take the **** when I had my 240bhp Beetle! :) I miss it!

Don't get me wrong, it's a very good vehicle, it's just got no "herbie factor", doesn't make me smile, just gets me where I need to go and does it well. I guess most modern vehicles are the same...

Planning on supplementing the Audi with a cheap old-skool fun car, so I can still get to meetings and what not without breaking down on the way, and have something fun for nice days and weekends :rock:

240bhp Beetle! :) I miss it!

Proper Beetle? Type 4 powered? I love them, just interested that's all :happy: had a couple of 1200s, years ago!

aaaaand...it's rubbish :keule:

ok maybe not rubbish, but I expected a little bit better workmanship

silly me eh

The paintjob is ok. Problem is, I'm a fussy ******. There are fine hairline scratches (matches the rest of the car I s'pose lol) because they washed it, probably with a sweeping brush, when the paint was still soft, a tiny little gribbly on the arch (less than a match-head big) and annoyingly, at the very bottom of the wing where it's supposed to be the wrinkly stone-chip finish like the sill, isn't! It's smooth phantom black like the rest of the wing :wacko:

Apart from that, it's fine. Good colour match, which I'm thankful for :meeting:

I told the audi blokey and he didn't give me attitude like UK dealers seem to be famous for, he apologised and promised to get it sorted on Wednesday. Apart from the stone-chip finish bit, he reckoned they never do that, which is odd. 2 inches of masking tape and some wrinkly paint from a motor factors is hardly rocket science, or brain surgery :shrug: