German Trackday

Wes G

Reaction score
Well as above,I just found that www.germantrack.com are organising this for 25th of Feb 2008, if like me you have not done much track driving then Snetterton is (so I have been told) a good easy track to start with. I`m going to book in next week direct with Snetterton (01953 887303) and hopefully there will be a few more Audi people about.:hubbahubba: :icon_thumright:

I'm same. I'd love to take my motor round a track but Norwich is a fair way for me (especially if I total it)

Aky said:
I'm same. I'd love to take my motor round a track but Norwich is a fair way for me (especially if I total it)

LOL! Have you had a look at the track Aky? No offence mate, bbut you would have to be a knob to trash your car on what is essentially a loop, doesn't look too technical, but I'm sure I could be proved wrong! :racer:

Its a very easy track-thats why I`m going lol, however I do pop up there now and again and there is always one or two people go off at some point:huh: , should be an easy one for me and the car before I venture to the likes of Cadwell-was planning on going there on Feb 9th with the Seat Cupra.net people but I wimped out after looking into what the track is like,I reakon its poss one of the best ones to do but not for your first time out:faint: ...I`m sure I`ll catch up with you all at one of the other events this year so not to worry:) I`ll try and get some pics on the day if there are some decent motors about?:icon_thumright:

looks to me three are interested Wes!?

jojo said:
LOL! Have you had a look at the track Aky? No offence mate, bbut you would have to be a knob to trash your car on what is essentially a loop, doesn't look too technical, but I'm sure I could be proved wrong! :racer:

Just looked now - think you're right. Looks a bit of a crap course. Think i'll wait til later on in the year. I'm thinking Donnington would be a great track day or if anyone was a feeling a bit daring a trip to the ring.

Ok people just incase anyone was interested, I spoke to Dave from germantrack yesterday and you need to book online with them as its not an msv day like most, on the day you get free tuition ,free photo of your car on track,free garage if you get there early, booking only started friday and they already they have a few booked in including 1 R8 so far:hubbahubba: ...Wes:icon_thumright:

Thanx Dave...I will be booking in next week:icon_thumright:

Just decided, i'm gonna book the day off and make the journey!:icon_thumright:

You going to venture onto the track Cal???:icon_thumright:

No dude, purely there to lend my support. Oh and to hopefully capture some photos.

Be rude to expect people to travel to our upcoming meeting without putting in the effort to travel to someone elses.:icon_thumright:

cal1470 said:
No dude, purely there to lend my support. Oh and to hopefully capture some photos.

Be rude to expect people to travel to our upcoming meeting without putting in the effort to travel to someone elses.:icon_thumright:
Should be some nice bits of kit there to capture some pics of!:icon_thumright: And if you fancy a few passenger laps, I`ll take you out.

Well it was a great day !
this is what one of the chaps said on 911uk.com
if you follow the link you can watch his Video.

file:///Users/davidwoodall/Desktop/www.911uk.com:.webloc

Regards
Dave .:icon_thumright:

PolarExpress
Sensei
89670757547b2f27ab82af.jpg

2000 Porsche 996 GT3 Mk1
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:27 pm Post subject: What a brilliant day!
drive.gif
dance.gif

I have often referred to Snetterton as being one of the bleakest places on earth having attended many events there and seemingly everytime it was raining. But not today!
icon_cool.gif

Hats off to Germantrack - Phil Royle, Dave Woodall and their team. I arrived a bit late to the event
icon_redface.gif
, but the sign on procedure was thorough, and the briefing lighthearted. It made a nice change from the sometimes overly dour MSV lecture, or the professors at Goldtrack. Of course, safety is the key issue. There were some nice touches that made the day enjoyable: complimentary tea/coffee and also trays of Krispy Kreme Donuts!
koffie.gif
thumbsup.gif

The atmosphere throughout the day was terrific
icon_smile.gif
It was very relaxed, the camaraderie full of smiles, and at no point did I ever feel pressured to get out on track in time or feel the need to 'get in extra laps whilst I could'. This was a distinct change from some of the other MSV and Goldtrack sessioned events.

I think it helped that the Germantrack team were always full of smiles, and you could tell that the event was being run by knowledgeable enthusiasts, not just businessmen. The entire MSV marshalling crew were there as well, so their experience to hand was useful (especially for the 2 unfortunate cars which either rolled or crashed out
icon_sad.gif
).

The best bit about the whole day was that the event was not crowded and the driving standards really excellent. Although there were about 40+ cars on the day, you never felt crowded on track, and the standard of driving was superb. I spent longer on track today than I would normally do, and at no point did I ever find myself held up by anyone refusing to let me past, and neither did anyone ever harass me from behind. I would hazard a guess and say the standard of driving really made it a great experience for everyone.

There was a good contingent of BMWs present, and it was clear that all of the drivers were both experienced and fast. There were some notable attendees including Sean Lockyear, JZM, and others, and it was nice to see their support for Germantrack.

It was the first time in several years I had driven Snetterton, and I started out tentatively slowly building speed through the day. It didn't help that my rear tyres were shot, but thankfully I managed to get them replaced at the very end of the day... a big thumbs up to Steve G at Simply Tyres for his impeccable service (as usual!).
thumbsup.gif
By the end of the day, I felt really comfortable piling through the Complex (150mph end of Revett Straight into a 3rd gear 90º left hander immediately into a very tight 2nd gear right hander... but I never nailed either the Bomb Hole or Coram where... it's either a slight lift or flat... but instead I found myself either lifting too long or resorting to the middle pedal
frusty.gif
. Nevertheless, I kept on telling myself that I was there to have fun and REALLY wanted to drive home in my own car
icon_smile.gif
Here are a few laps of Snet with Dan as ballast
wink.gif

Open Youtube Page

If today was an indication of the quality of future events run by Germantrack, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for their trackday calendar. I think their next event is at Rockingham next month.

Well done Germantrack!
driving.gif
clap.gif