Genuine RS4 Alloys ? or cheap copies ?

Spudgun

Reaction score
Hello All

First post peepz ........ go easy :eek:)

Last weekend I purchased my first ever Audi

2005 A4 2.0T FSi SE Quattro
Sliver
Leather
Bose
Sat Nav
Chrome door mirrors (Not entirely sure of the Significance) but the do look good

The one other major look good extra are RS4 alloys

However the (independent) Dealer informed me the the previous owner added these some time after purchase.

Could anyone tell me how I could establish if these alloys are Genuine or not.

Alloy details :-
4 off one in each corner plus a spare
18" (this is possibly a dead give away)
Fairly bright Alloy colour

Hope you can help

S

P.S. This car rocks (Genuine alloys or not) it is awesome

any pics?

what colour are your centre caps?

Pics will defintely help but take a wheel off and have a look inside, maybe even inside the centre cap but I'm not sure about that one. It will have a part no. and audi rings if genuine.

I'll see if I can sort pic's out tomorrow. (need cleaning first)

But the centre caps are black with the Audi rings on them in silver.
I'll check the spare for Numbers

I thought the 18" bit might be the give away, as the RS4 Avant in the local Audi Dealer were definitely 19" (unless I was mistaken) also the colour of the Avants wheels seemed to be a dull laquored Grey/Sliver.

Cheers

Does anyone know if there is an idiots guide to "How to attach a picture" to a post.

I've clicked the insert image icon, but it asks for the URL of the image and a blank http:// come up in the address bar

I am without out a clue ......:confused:

Set yourself up a photobucket account (its free) and upload any images to there. Then just copy the img code and stick it in your posts.

Right .......... eeeerrrrrrr ?

What and where do I set a "photobucket account"

I looked in my profile, but only managed to get a pic of my wheels as my profile picture

Sorry for lack of mental capacity....

If you are happy with the look of the reps don't worry about wether genuine or not, there are varied quality of reps out there but not all are bad and not all have black centre caps but this is the usual give away, mine have genuine Audi look matt silver caps and so far very happy with them, I do always hang onto the originals though and put them back on when I sell/px the car as some people are fussy about OEM especially with Audi. If you plan on keeping the car for a while (nice spec BTW) then worry about it later and enjoy it now :)

The you go people . . . . .

Got there in the end - Many thanks Sinny71 for the help.

Thanks Spin140 for the advise on the wheels "If they look well - enjoy"

and Oh how I am enjoying this car - Every bend , brake , and kick from the turbo.
I do think it will be a while before I'm wanting a change.

Cheers

S

Thanks for that , I guess I'm resigned to the fact that they are copies now - Still no great loss.

If i could possibly pose another question ?

When buying the car I had an AA inspection done. Everything was fine - apart from the tracking required 'doing' (uneven wear on one of the front tyres)

Not a problem - The day after I bought her - Straight round to my local Tyre & Exhaust outfit (name of STS don't know if the are national)
I've used them before on several occasions and been very pleased with the Work and Customer service.
The Mechanic informed me that it was no quick job setting up the tracking on a Quattro. He explained that Quattro's had fully adjustable suspension and the work would take about and hour

At a cost of £97 . . . . . . :scared2:

But if I came round on a Saturday morning he could do it for £50

Is this the going rate ? (legit or backhander)

Or might we think someone is pulling a fast one.

There's a lot more involved in setting up the tracking on a 4wd car compared to 2wd, so I'm thinking the price isn't far wrong.