Genuine Audi RS3 Wheels 8.5j ET53

Adam_A3_

Reaction score
HI RS3 Members

I hope you dont mind me posting in here. I am from the 8P section.

I recently purchased some genuine delivery miles RS3 wheels. The rears being 8.0j and the fronts 8.5j (optional extra).

With mine being a tdi a3, the front 8.5j wheels will not fit unless i run a spacer - which is something i do not want to do.

So i was wondering if someone on here would like to trade me a set of genuine 8.0j RS3 wheels for my 8.5j wheels?
My wheels do not have any tyres on them. i would like to swap for some 8.0j wheels with tyres or a swap with some money my way.

As you know the optional extra's do cost a fair bit and im sure someone would snap these up.

PM for details..

IMG 5753

IMG 5754

IMG 5755

TO be fair to ALL other RS3 owners I did answer you recently that 'original spec' RS3 wheel prices:

Front alloy wheels: 19x8.5" ET53
Wheel part number: AUD 8P0601025DB1H7

Rear alloy wheels: 19x8" ET50
Wheel part number: AUD 8P0601025DA1H7

Are the SAME! :faint:

Hmmm...... interesting As i have a set of Rotors with winter rubber on them that i've just taken off, i suppose it all depends how much the winter rubber would be in 255 / 30 / 19" for the fronts.

Hmmm...... interesting As i have a set of Rotors with winter rubber on them that i've just taken off, i suppose it all depends how much the winter rubber would be in 255 / 30 / 19" for the fronts.

Question is though, Sean, what 255/30/19 winter tyres can you get? :lmfao:

I think I'm/you're better off with the 8J rims and winters. That said, I have done the maths, and tyre reviews, as I was prepared to play...

And changing over the 9J TT rims now, winter to summer of course: here comes summer :racer:

And any RS3 owner out there wanting to try a set of 8.5J fronts, then Adam may have a good exchange/swap/purchase available . . . :whistle2:

Last edited:
I'd love to try these ,but I,m keeping all my alloys ;)

Can you post some photos of the markings on the rear of the wheels please.

I'd love to try these ,but I,m keeping all my alloys ;)

It would be a good 'swap' deal, John: a pair of 8Js (with or without tyres) for a pair of 8.5J's for the front. Then fit your existing 235 fronts onto the rear and fit Adam's 8.5Js to the front with a new set of (whoever's) 255/30s.

However, unless you're serious, and many are not, then I doubt you'll notice a difference 2-weeks on: day one will provide lots of front-end bite, as it will/would with any new wheel/tyre combo, but 2-weeks in and I'll doubt you'll recall any difference...

But the 8.5J with a 255/30 on the front does look the dogs bo**ocks, not sure how you'd cook them, John; boiled or fried?

Here's the visual (on Continentals - AND I still love 'em!) difference: a new 'meaty' 255/30 on a 8.5J rim against a used 235/35 on a 8.0J rim:

54e97991-41e0-41e7-b97a-db1fa939e721_zps48bd6a01.jpg

Reactions: JonnyG, Kelza and DAYTONA 500
Hi john the problem would be the tyres as the 2 fronts where £500 alone ,(£500 for the back ones as well ) so I'd need new mpss up front ..

Hi john the problem would be the tyres as the 2 fronts where £500 alone ,(£500 for the back ones as well ) so I'd need new mpss up front ..

It's only money, John; and me a pensioner... :kiss:

Reactions: Ghost, DAYTONA 500 and Kelza
£249 per tyre for 255/30/19 Dunlop 3D winters from Camskill.
So over £500 to have 8.5J winter fronts

As you say John it's only money:scared2:

Reactions: 45bvtc and Kelza
£249 per tyre for 255/30/19 Dunlop 3D winters from Camskill.
So over £500 to have 8.5J winter fronts

As you say John it's only money:scared2:

But I'd have to go for rears too, Sean. NO way, as some do/have (!?), would I fit tyres of a different manufacturer/construction to the front of an RS3 than those at the rear. As I said earlier, I've already done the maths and would prefer to spend my money on a lunch in the Lake District delivered by a chief with impeccable taste, and an RS3 owner to boot...

Reactions: Ghost, DAYTONA 500 and Kelza
I thought these wheels would be desirable for the rs3?? Maybe il be resorting to the spacer solution....

I thought these wheels would be desirable for the rs3?? Maybe il be resorting to the spacer solution....

I'd have exchanged 2 of my 8J Winter Rotor's, but at £500 + Fitting for 2 new Dunlop's its not worth it, especially as I'd have to keep a spare 255 in case anything happened because the winters aren't always as readily available, at the moment I have a spare winter tyre so it Isn't an issue as it'll fit all four.

so..I've just been on the phone to Harrogate Audi - they're very helpful with part numbers and prices etc.

I gave the gentleman two part numbers: one of which i found for the ET50 8.0j wheels in this thread:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/rs3-fo...alloy-wheels-audi-black-edition-a3-s3-a4.html

and also the part number on my wheels.

so the first one was: 8PO 601 025CP. Price £769 (8.0j et50)
and mine being 8PO 601 025CN. Price £961.07 (8.5j et53)

he did say that the 8.5j rim costs a little more.....

Adam_A3

I may swap you and I'm based in Leeds.

I have four 8J's to swap, two with 235mm Conti OEM tyres on (minimum tread left) and two with 225mm Conti OEM tyres on (loads of tread left)

Which tyres would you prefer ?

Best PM me

Will be getting these alloys off the ebay member on Monday yes !

Reactions: 45bvtc
Very true ,but wanted to see a lovely brand new rs4 ;)