General A4 B7 Info , Site With Good Info.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
as in the title really guys, whilst looking for info on the dreaded cam follower issue, came accross this site, some good infom on it .
http://www.torquecars.com/audi/2-0-tfsi-tuning.php
Also looks like the BUL engine is a better lump to be stuck with, certainly doesnt have the cam follower issue, thats one problem less to worry about

Reactions: Sandra
The cam follower is still a issue in the BUL engine. Only the later BUL engines weren't affected as they have the revised intake cam B.

Thanks A4 Rob.....it's a fact that many owners are still unaware of this issue. I have posted a couple of threads on this before too. Scary stuff indeed!

Cheers
A

The cam follower is still a issue in the BUL engine. Only the later BUL engines weren't affected as they have the revised intake cam B.

any ideas when the revised cam came into effect , i'd like to check out my bul lump to see if its fitted with the newer cam.
rob

Usually the vehicles that were made after later 2005 so from Oct onwards. Another give-away is if you have a black rocker cover. Thou not all cars like mine for example have the silver rocker cover but still have the revised cam.

Usually the vehicles that were made after later 2005 so from Oct onwards. Another give-away is if you have a black rocker cover. Thou not all cars like mine for example have the silver rocker cover but still have the revised cam.
so, if mines a dec 06 i should be ok then.....

Silver rocker cover here, so will this have the revised part?

As I mentioned above some of the DTMs have the silver cover some have black. The black one is a revised rocker cover which fixes some issues not related to the cam follower, but most that have had the black rocker cover fitted had the revised cam fitted by Audi.

Imotepity depending on your year if its the later one you should be okay.

My one dtm for example is was on 89000 when I changed my cam follower and it was in pretty good shape probably could have done another 10/20k miles.

"so, if mines a dec 06 i should be ok then....."

yes you should be okay but still advised to keep a eye on it especially if you start throwing mods. As it has to work harder.

Thanks for the info guys mines on a 55 plate and now on 68,000 ish miles

You might be okay imotepity, it will usually throw a error with a VAG com. Otherwise it is still advised to be changed for peace of mind. Because if your car was previously not owned by a enthusiast they would never worry about it. And considering Audi don't consider the cam follower a part that falls under the service maintenance. Its always good to have it done or checked. Considering its not that hard to do.

If either of you are interested in having it done the part number is 06D109309C. About 30 quid from audi.