Gearstick red ring thing fell off

oli356

Reaction score
Hardly worth its own thread, but I was cleaning the car this morning and the red ring thing on the gear stick fell off, at least the right hand side of it. It 'slots' back in but I think if I quickly move the stick up and down it will just fall out again.

I seem to remember someone else had this issue but i can't find the post. What do people usually do to keep it in there? Just some sort of sticky material?

Upload 2018 8 11 12 7 54

Yes, common problem that has happened to a number of us. My dealer replaced it under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Just warranty it, simples.

Reactions: oli356
Audi wanted £286 to repair it .... I questioned why it wasn't covered under warranty, they said some words.. came back 15 mins later and said they can do it under warranty.

Also had the technician come out and mention my MTM tune box connected to ECU, he advised to put a bit more tape around it as some of the wires are exposed a bit and maybe try and connect the wiring loom a bit tidier as of the extreme angles... but he hadn't mentioned the box on the Audi system so that was nice of him I suppose... I forgot they would do a visual health check so didn't bother to remove it...

However, during conversation with the service advisor I mentioned it was my birthday last week, and she took me over to the cabinet and asked if I would like anything! So got a free umbrella that had a £40 price tag next to it haha. I'm in shock :D

Reactions: Jimbob76
However, during conversation with the service advisor I mentioned it was my birthday last week, and she took me over to the cabinet and asked if I would like anything! So got a free umbrella that had a £40 price tag next to it haha. I'm in shock :D

Whaaaat?! I picked up my S3 the day after my birthday and got nothing!! Not even a keyring :frown: