Steven Teixeira

Reaction score
Hi there, new member here.
I recently bought this 2011B8S4 with a engine problem, none runner, standing for 8 months, i never drove the car, had bearings replaced, according to the previous owner it was driving fine.

Problem is there is no gears what so ever, there is also no codes for the gearbox when a computer was plugged in, im at a loss now as what to do or where to start, a gearbox place i contacted told me it should be calibrated but the calibration couldnt start, other faults are abs and handbrake, even though the handbrake does work..

Any ideas on where to start looking?

If theres no drive & no gearbox fault codes the clutch is probably dead, that would be my first guess.

Also, does the handbrake actually release? If the brake master cyclinder is dead you wont get any drive even if the shifter is in drive. Could explain the ABS light maybe?

If theres no drive & no gearbox fault codes the clutch is probably dead, that would be my first guess.

Also, does the handbrake actually release? If the brake master cyclinder is dead you wont get any drive even if the shifter is in drive. Could explain the ABS light maybe?

Yes the handbrake works both ways, abs fault is front left wheel sensor, what could happen that the clutch could go, while the car was standing.. The engine was removed to do it over

Of course the previous owner is going to say it worked fine before it broke....
I did test the car when i bought it, i started it, put it in reverse and drive and it wanted to move both ways, and then i turned it off and had it towed on a flatbed home.. Now when its in drive or reverse it does absolutely nothing.

Have you tried a new battery in it? Lots of random, inexplicable warning lights after a long lay up could be caused by poor voltage.