Gearbox mount bolts HELP

S3_Mitch

Money pit owner
Hi all,

Does anyone know the part numbers for the three bolts connecting the gearbox mount bracket to the gearbox? (One of the bolts has a smaller stud and nut at the top)

Should these bolts be replaced after removal, when I did the clutch I removed these and re-torqued according to info I found online. Torque was around 50Nm +1/4 turn which seemed extremely tight hence i'm worried they will break.

I've ordered the two bolts connecting the mount to the bracket as I removed these but could not find any information on the three bolts in question.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

scotty_24

They should be replaced after every use as they're a stretch bolts.

http://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a3...lve)_mechanics/technical_data/technical_data/

Use this above to find torque specs.

Starting with the keywords A3 Mk1
So you will need " A3 Mk1 gearbox mount"

upload_2016-8-15_7-46-18.png

upload_2016-8-15_7-46-30.png

S3_Mitch

Money pit owner
Cheers man, I did look on the workshop manuals but didn't find the correct section.. I thought the three in question must have been stretch bolts aswell as the others, I just couldn't find the part numbers anywhere

newbster

this is a fun one, I'm just about to do a clutch change myself, and am getting paranoid about stretch bolts.
the large mounting to body are N10209605 M12x1.15 x 65mm
I cant find any others that are referenced as stretch bolts on a post 2000, Haynes has the mounting to transmission as stretch's before 2000

what I don't see in Haynes is the bolts marked as A in the second diagram, ie screwing into the bracket mounted on the gearbox.

it does list these for the other end, , again as non stretch after 2000

getting a little confused