Gearbox Lag S4 B9 occasionally?

Chris S 1245

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been done to death before but for the last 2 weeks The gearbox has been so laggy in normal D drive Regardless of drive select mode selected. It’s noticeable when having to accelerate say from 2 nd to 3 rd Gear it’s like the gearbox is confused. This is using light throttle as well. Could this be a gearbox fault ? I know the ZF gearbox is generally laggy however I’ve only noticed it after the cold weather.

cuke2u

Reaction score
Here we go again ;-) Yes quite a few posts on gearbox lag...

RB84

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been done to death before but for the last 2 weeks The gearbox has been so laggy in normal D drive Regardless of drive select mode selected. It’s noticeable when having to accelerate say from 2 nd to 3 rd Gear it’s like the gearbox is confused. This is using light throttle as well. Could this be a gearbox fault ? I know the ZF gearbox is generally laggy however I’ve only noticed it after the cold weather.

Mine is a bit more grumbly than usual right now too. I think it's a normal characteristic of the gearbox, but I'd say best to get it checked out and use the warranty if you really think there's something up