gearbox filter ?

bradster

Reaction score
Hi all iam changing gearbox oil next weekend on 2002 a4 b6 1.9tdi(MANUAL) avant sport, does anybody know if there is filter in gearbox .

thanks brads

2.2 litres to fill the non quattro 5 speed box apparently. I'm just about to do mine! Wont be using a oil suction gun this time though, simple old piece of clear hose with a funnel instead. Tried a suction gun when doing my S3 recently and oil went everywhere! A4 has covered 103k and is starting to feel a bit stiff from cold. Let us know how you get on.
Paul

hi pj123 starting mine tomorrow but not as easy as changing the oil also replacing clutch and flywheel for solid flywheel conversion, so will be changing oil with gearbox out of car. Im thinking of using valvoline fully synthetic @ £14 litre but still cheaper than audi. Mine abit stiff in morning when cold but has done 180000 miles and so due a change. Brad

If you could post a few photos of your clutch change it would be very useful on here. I've have that pleasure coming up soon!

I will stick to the OEM oil just because I know no better and there must be a reason that they have virtually a different oil for every gearbox.