Gearbox 1st to 2nd jolt

Reaction score
Noticed tonight when I floored it changing from 1st to 2nd at about 5/6k into second it massively jolted that was in sport and then fully off and still did it. One time it also just stayed on the limiter and took a while to change up? Has anyone had this issue car only has 20k miles
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

i find that you cannot be too brutal with the gearbox.....you can boot it but it doesn't like to be massively surprised.....doesn't mean baby it, just be a bit smoother.....I've had it a few times and its cos I floored it very quickly expecting instant results but the engine was ahead of what the gears needed to do and couple of times its gone into limp mode for a second or two to basically tell me "stop being a c!!k" :)

Reactions: Rayner_1704
i find that you cannot be too brutal with the gearbox.....you can boot it but it doesn't like to be massively surprised.....doesn't mean baby it, just be a bit smoother.....I've had it a few times and its cos I floored it very quickly expecting instant results but the engine was ahead of what the gears needed to do and couple of times its gone into limp mode for a second or two to basically tell me "stop being a c!!k" :)
I see I’ll keep that in mind, it’s not done it last day or so I’m quite new to the RS3, had a 2017 s3 previous and the box in that was a little lazy at times but never did what I experienced the other night. All a learning curve

Noticed tonight when I floored it changing from 1st to 2nd at about 5/6k into second it massively jolted that was in sport and then fully off and still did it. One time it also just stayed on the limiter and took a while to change up? Has anyone had this issue car only has 20k miles
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Dq500 is a different box to an s3 Dsg box.

In manual mode it will hit the limiter until you request for a change.

Dq500 is a different box to an s3 Dsg box.

In manual mode it will hit the limiter until you request for a change.
I knew it was different I was just saying it was lazy haha and really? Mine even in manual mode often then not will change up if I hit he limiter

Mine tends to jolt a bit if you dont get the manual shift just right. Basically if you leave it to late. If i launch in auto it never jolts at all. :)