Gear knob Help on my 2009 A3 sportback

I have changed my standard gear knob to a Mk2 TT S-line one that matches my vents.
its not that hard to do, open the ash tray and then prise up the gear surround. remove the gear surround by unclipping the leather boot then undo the jubilee clip holding down the old gear knob and lift the knob up off the shaft.
replace with the new gear knob and secure with a new jubilee clip or cable ties and then put the gear surround back on.

here is my old one:

DSCN2155.jpg

and now what it looks like with the TT one:

6a26bd73.jpg

885dabb2.jpg

Looks nice that ash, looks a shorter shift aswell? Did you get that from Audi or an eBay bargain?

You changed the climate knobs too or the whole unit?

I like the extra chrome trim on the newer version so if they are a straight swap I might go for a new one if/when I go double din.

Gary

You changed the climate knobs too or the whole unit?

I like the extra chrome trim on the newer version so if they are a straight swap I might go for a new one if/when I go double din.

Gary

Yh I changed the knobs on the climate unit, as my car is a 2005 I couldnt use the facelift unit as a swap. If your car is a 57 plate onwards you may be able to get away with swapping over the climate units otherwise you will want to do what I did. Here is the how to I made when I swapped mine over
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...ft-chome-climate-control-module-switches.html