GB Feeler: A3/S3 8L Quattro Bilstein B8 Dampers

Ok, thanks for that. can you tell me the difference between the KW adjustable tie bars and the forge ones if any? Might as well do the lot in one go.

:think:

The most comfortable out of the 4 are the Weitec's, the best all round i would say either the H&R or the Eibach (I use to say H&R all day long but they are very expensive now-a-days).

Hope this helps,

Damian @ DPM

Cheers Mate...Had a longer talk with you via email (I'm the Norwegian guy with all the questions on VAT etc)...Thank you for being so helpful!

I see that all the 3 other spring brands (eibach, weitec and....? can't remember now) lower the S3 (theoretically) 5mm more up front. Why is that? Is it because those manufacturers all saw what H&R didn't;

That an S3 with H&R seems to be a little lower at the rear. Like it sagging?!

Cheers Mate...Had a longer talk with you via email (I'm the Norwegian guy with all the questions on VAT etc)...Thank you for being so helpful!

I see that all the 3 other spring brands (eibach, weitec and....? can't remember now) lower the S3 (theoretically) 5mm more up front. Why is that? Is it because those manufacturers all saw what H&R didn't;

That an S3 with H&R seems to be a little lower at the rear. Like it sagging?!

No problem Dennis, nice speaking to you.

A lot of people like the S3's slightly lower at the front because of that reason where when the same lowering is used front and rear they always look lower at the back.

Damian @ DPM

No problem Dennis, nice speaking to you.

A lot of people like the S3's slightly lower at the front because of that reason where when the same lowering is used front and rear they always look lower at the back.

Damian @ DPM

Thought so...same with the 8P. Thanks!

rubbarsh :(

NP, just sorting some shizzle out and I suspect I'll be in touch..

Ta

<tuffty/>

Sorry bud, it's a shame that this didn't take off but we just couldn't get the last person. As well as that, a few people from the list have bought the dampers now anyway.

Damian @ DPM

DPM, sorry for the thread-jack but I'm after a bit of advice.

I've got a 2000 1.8T Sport and I'm looking at sorting the handling out.

Cant afford coilovers so I'm looking at either a Koni, H&R or Weitec spring and shocks kit. I'm not wanting to go too low so looking at about 35mm drop. Car will also be getting stiffer ARB's front and rear and polybushed at the same time.

Any advice on what kits would be suitable?.

Cheers

Tom

The Weitec kit is always a popular choice and a really good option out of all the kits available...

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/weitec-40mm-ultra-gt-kit-a3-8l-18t-0996-p-1451.html

Damian @ DPM

Cool thanks for that Damian. I've had a look at the Weitec one and it looks pretty good, seems to get some good feedback too from buyers too. Would you say its any better than the H&R 35mm cup kit as thats another one I've seen as well as the KW 40mm kit.

Another question if I may, I'm running the stock Sport 16" rims at the moment and I'm looking to go up to 17's. Am I likely to have any trouble there?, looking at the new RS4 style wheels (reps in a 17").

Thanks again

Tom

The Weitec kit is very similar to the KW as it's made by them but i'd say the H&R is a better kit but it is a lot more money.

No you won't have any problems when you go up to 17's.

Hope this helps.

Damian @ DPM

The Weitec kit is very similar to the KW as it's made by them but i'd say the H&R is a better kit but it is a lot more money.

No you won't have any problems when you go up to 17's.

Hope this helps.

Damian @ DPM

Hi Damian,

Thats brilliant, thanks very much. Have you got the Weitec one in stock? (40mm), just got to move some funds about but you could very well have an order on your hands. I'll be after a set of ARBs too whilst I'm at it.

Many thanks again

Tom