Gauging interest - team dynamics pro race 1.2 - potential group buy

God nose what I need carnt get my head round it lol with no spacers I just want to fill the arches and have brembos on the front

No worries - thanks for your time on this. Looking forward to the prices - bloomin' part timers ...

... only problem with this ... there's going to be a lot of S3s on Pro Race 1.2 wheels :) common as muck!

Haha, my exact thoughts and worries, but seeing as staceys3 is the closest to me, I shouldn't see another around for a while :p

Any info from them on how quickly they can send out the wheels? I've got a buckled rear right at the moment (came with the car) so am looking to upgrade pretty quick :S

Any info from them on how quickly they can send out the wheels? I've got a buckled rear right at the moment (came with the car) so am looking to upgrade pretty quick :S

I'd love to have these wheels before ADI but I doubt it'll all be sorted that quick.

Hopefully munch will have some update for us on Monday when Rimstock get back to him.

Still not had an email or phone call back yet, will give them another ring on Monday and chase it up

Discounts taken from RRP 1-15 Sets (30% Discount) 15-30 Sets (35% Discount) 30 + Sets (45% Discount)

Pro Race 1.2 Range

17x7 £115.50 £107.25 £90.75
7.5x17 £126.00 £117.00 £99.00
8x17 £140.00 £130.00 £110.00
9x17 £161.00 £149.50 £126.50

8x18 £143.50 £133.25 £112.75
9x18 £168.00 £162.50 £132.00

We will not charge a surcharge for our standard colours however for non standard colours (Green, Orange,Yellow Red) there would a surcharge of £100.00 +Vat per set)

A fitting Kit will be included FOC as the wheels will be made to 73.1mm universal centre bore (unless specified). The kit will include 4 x Spigot rings and bolts/nuts to suit. We can also offer locking wheel bolts/nuts at £5.00 + Vat per set.

Carriage to UK Mainland will be £15.00 for a set + VAT

All prices are exc VAT

This is what I have just recieved from Andy at Rimstock, he has spent all day going through all the wheels and sorting out the best possible price for each size. He has also said that because of the such varied sizes etc of the wheels requested, the prices above are the best possible prices they could do.

He has asked that anybody wishing to go ahead with the group buy is to contact him directly and sort payments, final details etc. I have his direct number, so once we have definite names and numbers, I will pm it to all those needing it.

I know these prices will make or break this group buy, but the final number we have will determine your price

Thanks
Ben

Hi guys,

Quick calculation for me puts my 18x8Js at £688.80 for the set of 4. This is including VAT, excluding delivery and assuming we only get the first level of discount (30%).

A quick search on the internets and I see a fair few places selling for less than that. Example: Buy 18 Inch Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Black Alloy Wheels | 18 inch Alloys | Team Dynamics Alloys

Can I assume these other websites are selling fakes? Otherwise the discount isn't looking so good?...

Sorry Munch, tough question for me to ask, but gotta ask :)

Good work Ben but I have to admit I was expecting rimstock to produce lower figures. I was hoping to stay below £500 for 17x8 and the best deal they can do is £537 before postage if we can get 30+ buyers :(

At least we now have the figures to put around the forums to see who's "really" interested.

Hi guys,

Quick calculation for me puts my 18x8Js at £688.80 for the set of 4. This is including VAT, excluding delivery and assuming we only get the first level of discount (30%).

A quick search on the internets and I see a fair few places selling for less than that. Example: Buy 18 Inch Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Black Alloy Wheels | 18 inch Alloys | Team Dynamics Alloys

Can I assume these other websites are selling fakes? Otherwise the discount isn't looking so good?...

Sorry Munch, tough question for me to ask, but gotta ask :)

Mate, I agree, I don't think the level of discount for the amount of wheels is a good deal. I know companies are struggling, but that's still a s*** load of money in a short space of time.

And I cant see us ever reaching the 30+ sets, although its only 10 more to the numbers I have, I know we will have some people dropout

I'm the same as squirrel. With postage i'd be looking at over £700, which although may be a discount of 30% on the rrp, still isn't really much cheaper than what several other places are offering.

Nevertheless, cheers for your time on this Munch.

Rrp seems to change what ever website you look at. Rimstock do not list rep on they're site, neither do demon tweeks

With VAT on top too it's cheaper to go to rimstyle.com

I guess they can't be seen to be discounting direct to end users for than they sell to trade.

I guess we need to get 30 people interested. How many so far?

Are those discount break points for total number for each type of set? Or are they for the combined total of the different sets?

Tell them they need to do better!!
As a snapshot my local performance shop say they are doing well if they sell 5 sets a week!! and advertise heavily...
15+ sets (assuming the drop out) in a group buy is a decent order by anybody's standards..IMO

other shops wont be selling for rrp.
this is problem with going straight to the manufacturer, as their standard price is rrp and highest price out there.
whereas dealers will lower their prices to compete.

Well, just chucking it out there as an idea, now we have these prices from Rimstock. Do we then take this to a private company and see what they can offer?
Again, I'm more than happy to try a few local places here, one more than others as I've got a mate who works there

Well, just chucking it out there as an idea, now we have these prices from Rimstock. Do we then take this to a private company and see what they can offer?
Again, I'm more than happy to try a few local places here, one more than others as I've got a mate who works there

Yeah. Why not play the field. Take this 'speculative' order and see what deals we can get?

Maybe an Android thing, but I tried usuccessfully to put something up on Briskoda.net a couple of times. Perhaps someone with access to a PC could try.

When I walked in "off the street" I achieved something approaching the maximum discount on just one set. As VAT was lower then, mine were in fact cheaper than the 30+ price here although costs will have increased in the meantime.

Perhaps worth asking Andy if he would prefer orders through one of Rimstock's trade customers. They will probably get a retrospective rebate, and could pick up future orders too or possibly the tyres. It would also save the public embarrassment with their other trade customers as it would be seen as RacePro Wheels (or whoever) giving the group price, not Rimstock themselves.

i think this is a good idea.
private places will be buying for trade prices, which would be interesting to know, but if places like rimstyle are selling them for 500odd pound id say its a better option going to a private TD dealer

i think this is a good idea.
private places will be buying for trade prices, which would be interesting to know, but if places like rimstyle are selling them for 500odd pound id say its a better option going to a private TD dealer

Also think this is a good idea. Could even try another brand of wheel?? Rota etc??

How much!!! I was hoping itd be way under £500 for everything, bolts, delivery vat etc, those prices are steap to say what interest we have here.

Yup am down with the majority here and at that price i am out.

But if you wanna try and see if anyone else is interested in a group buy i will leave my interest in as if a nice set of wheels can be sourced for a decent price and yeah some Rota`s might be nice lol

Hi Munch,

Gotta say firstly, thanks for putting all the effort in to go through and start sorting this out, great work mate. As with everyone else I think, i'd be up for seeing if other traders would be better on price, or even a different set of wheels (although, try finding a set of wheels that we alllll like :) )

Cheers fella.

Im going to try a local motormania store, they keep a lot of wheels in stock.

The reason for me suggesting the pro race wheel was that to me, having it in a silver colour wouldn't shout modified car.

Id be happy to try other brands with our list, but I need to know some brands we all can agree on

Munch, have you still got any contacts in Halfords you could use and abuse? ;)

Haha, good one mate, they're tighter than a ducks ****, if we went to them with the details and numbers, they would put the price up!! Or chuck on a sneaky "just because we can" tax

Thats not a discount tbh, thats just a **** take.

17" x 7.5 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - Silver<br/>Wheel Only - larkspeed.com

Thats the cost for any joe to buy one wheel from a generic retailer, found with a quick google search.

Their "30%" discount has taken a fiver off that price.

This company will sell you four for about £15 a rim less than their "discounted" price.

Buy 17 Inch Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Black Alloy Wheels | 17 inch Alloys | Team Dynamics Alloys

Ach well, was worth looking into.

Been looking around for other similar wheels - problem i'm coming up against is finding companies who can offer customizable offsets

Ok, sorry to keep spamming this thread - I should really gather my thoughts and THEN type lol

So, I've always liked these 2 following designs (yes I realize these links are not to real OEM parts)
TT RS Style 18' Alloy Wheels - Gun Metal Polished Edge - Alloy Wheels Only
TT Style 18' Alloy Wheels - Gloss Black Polished Lip - Alloy Wheels Only

Secondly, that same website has the team dynamics wheels at a cheaper price than our discounted ones!!!
18' Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Matt Black Alloy Wheels Only - Alloy Wheels Only
18' Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3 Matt Black Alloy Wheels Only - Alloy Wheels Only

FWIW I'm happy to stick with the team dynamics wheels. I want the lightweightyness of the Pro Race wheels.

If we all stick to a single manufacturer - and most were happy with the TD wheels - then which ever r-etailer we approach, they may be able to swing a better trade discount from Rim Stock or their distie and be able to pass that on to us.

If we all choose different brands then we can only squeeze the seller on their normal markup rather than giving them the buying power to negotiate a larger discount on a big order from a single manufacturer.

Liam

thanks for looking into i munch but that aint much of a deal they are more expensive than rimstyle.

My maths for 17x8 Pro Race 1.2 come out at the following 3 prices:

£690
£642
£555

That is with VAT and delivery. Personally I would have been happy with a set of 4 all inc for £500. Im lucky that I have tyres in my garage waiting to go on a set of wheels but most others will need to sort rubber out and this could become even more expensive.

I'm going to do a little hunting around for Team Dynamics and some other wheels.