Gauges?????

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
I am looking into getting some gauges, possibly 2, defo boost gauge, but unsure on the other one, poss exhaust temp, anyone had any experience with these, how easy they are to install etc.

Depends where you want to fit them.

My positioning was pretty straightforward to install, but it's too far from line of sight for many (I personally find it the natural place after running Audi 80's and Mk1 Golfs!)
Japatakday.jpg

I have the AWE Boost Vent Gauge on mine.
Was a pretty easy install, hardest bit was trying to get my hand inside the vent hole to cut through for the vacuum pipe. Other than that its a 30-60 minute job at worst, dead easy and the instructions are pretty comprehensive.

I have mine installed in the dirvers side air vent nearest the window. 30 min job tops.

a nice place for them is a pillar pod if you can get one.

Hiltoa, they look a bit like the DEFI gauges I had in my Sup... v.expensive

Pillar gauges look good, i was going to go that route but couldnt find fabric to cover the pod in so sacked that idea. I have cream roof and A pillars so black pods would have looked poo. Hence i was going to cover them.

I'm going to get a boost gauge installed when I get my remap done, probably in the center air vent. Is the AWE the gauge I want? I'll get the chap to install it as he's goin my DV and TIP hoses at the same time :D

A4Quattro said:
Hiltoa, they look a bit like the DEFI gauges I had in my Sup... v.expensive

They're 'Saber' gauges - look very nice, blackout when off, have full sweep on start (gadget-tastic!) and are electronic, so no vacuum pipe to feed through the dash :). Cost about £200 for all 3 (Boost, Air/Fuel & Oil Pressure), ordered from Australia!

Nothing like being a bit 'different'... ;)

Sounds like the same operation as defi, although a significant amount more reasonable cost, I paid about 225 quid for my boost gauge.

find a scrappy or breaker and get an old roof lining to match yours to recover a pillar pod, looks real tidy then, oem when done right