Garrett Gt30 turbo

S3_Olly

Full Throttle
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Thinking of upgrading to a garrett gt30 turbo, where would be the best place to consider buying from or does anyone know anyone that's selling a setup.
I way tied between the ko4 hybrid but iv been told they could struggle at 380bhp which is the area I'd like to aim for, does anyone have any advice or could anyone help me out by making the right choice of turbo options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thinking of upgrading to a garrett gt30 turbo, where would be the best place to consider buying from or does anyone know anyone that's selling a setup.
I way tied between the ko4 hybrid but iv been told they could struggle at 380bhp which is the area I'd like to aim for, does anyone have any advice or could anyone help me out by making the right choice of turbo options.

Any help would be appreciated.
are you aware of the extra work involved?

Yes mate just trying to get a clearer picture of what to go for, didn't want to hit 400 then want more and have to go through the stages of a new turbo all over again but like I said I'm after some good solid advice on what to go for.
Any help is appriciated and I do like bills setup it looks good and gets some good results too, I'm just in the process of sorting my block for forging then having the turbo option ready to throw on.
I know there's a lot of sceptical people about so it's good to get some good solid advice from people that's been through a similar process

Yes mate just trying to get a clearer picture of what to go for, didn't want to hit 400 then want more and have to go through the stages of a new turbo all over again but like I said I'm after some good solid advice on what to go for.
Any help is appriciated and I do like bills setup it looks good and gets some good results too, I'm just in the process of sorting my block for forging then having the turbo option ready to throw on.
I know there's a lot of sceptical people about so it's good to get some good solid advice from people that's been through a similar process
getting a 'kit' from Bill is a great option, he will no doubt be able to source you a Garrett, with his manifold, downpipe, lines etc.
Otherwise there's plenty of UK garrett suppliers. And a GT30 is a great base to start with, no doubt about that.

Reactions: S3_Olly
Haha yes I need to either be strict and stick to a bhp figure and buy a kit from Bill or buy something and have the option to have more bhp if I wanted to but I'm easily swayed me lol and I keep keyring told you'll always be chasing more power once you have it.
I like the simplicity of the ko4 setup though and that it cuts costs down too, what are you running Karl?

Haha yes I need to either be strict and stick to a bhp figure and buy a kit from Bill or buy something and have the option to have more bhp if I wanted to but I'm easily swayed me lol and I keep keyring told you'll always be chasing more power once you have it.
I like the simplicity of the ko4 setup though and that it cuts costs down too, what are you running Karl?
With one of Bills kits you easily have the option to upgrade. Plus a gt30 can be run anywhere from high 300s to 500, so quite a big margin.

I use an ATP based GTX28, internal gate. Its basic but does the job.
I will upgrade some time to tubular vband and external wastegate. Purely for reliability and maybe a tad more power. otherwise im 100% happy with the power, torque and response of my setup.

Reactions: S3Alex