GAP quotes

phope74

Reaction score
I was reading a thread on a Golf GTI forum I'm a member of. Interesting comparison in quotes between VW dealers for GAP cover against other providers - it reminded me to check what the finance guy at our dealership had indicated when I ordered the car last month

I was never going to accept their first quote anyway, so plenty variation in the quotes below to give plenty room for negotiation!

Six like for like comparisons for full vehicle replacement cover against full list price of £36,925
  1. Audi dealer quote for GAP Plus: £399
  2. Click4Gap quote: £325 - www.click4gap.co.uk
  3. ALA quote: £230 (using PISTON12 discount code) - www.ala.co.uk
  4. Direct GAP quote: £209 - www.directgap.co.uk
  5. GapCoverInsurance quote: £188 - www.gapcoverinsurance.co.uk/ (plus a further £25 cashback via www.topcashback.co.uk)
  6. Gap123 quote: £175 - https://gapinsurance123.co.uk

Any other good GAP sites and/or discount codes to compare against?

Last edited:
Easy gap

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agreed. May not always be true but in my experience getting "free" GAP cover from the dealer likely means they had plenty more discount they could have given you instead so your effectively paying for it in a round about way. Also by getting you to sign up to their GAP they likely meet some target or get some bonus so it's in their interest to "sell" you it...

well I'm happy as I got 9% off the car and GAP thrown in.. however I look at the numbers it worked for me.. just saying not all dealers are 'Stealers'

You could try AMS. They used to be the official GAP insurer at my local dealership, so I tried them when I bought my A4 and they were cheaper than the new dealership insurer. My wife is about to take delivery of a new A3 and once again AMS are cheaper than the GAP offered by the dealer.

Hi, just checking if there was any updates on what GAP insurance you have picked. I was a little confused at the extreme difference in prices (£400 from Audi to only £120 from Direct Gap).

I've not picked any yet - will wait until nearer the time that we pick our A4 up on 1st September, and if the dealer can't/won't come up with an acceptable price using my comparisons, will choose one of the others

I've not picked any yet - will wait until nearer the time that we pick our A4 up on 1st September, and if the dealer can't/won't come up with an acceptable price using my comparisons, will choose one of the others

Cool, I'l keep a watch out for your update :) Waiting until mid September is going to kill me for my car to be delivered :(

Ordered early May - car has just been built last week and will be at dealer in early August.

Just makes sense to wait 2-3 weeks so it will be a 67 plate car rather than a 17 plate. Moot point really as private plate going on from day 1 but more to do with dealer sales targets for September and a few quid more at resale time !

I ordered mine on 9th of June. Its reporting that they are due to start building her on the 17th of July. :)

Check the online tracker towards Thursday/Friday this week - if like mine, you might find it gets built a week early. Mine was due to be built on 10th July, but was completed the week before

I went with ALA they price matched a low quote for the top cover.

Had a refreshing chat with the salesman on sunday around GAP, Audi garages aren't measured on the cost of the GAP but the number of GAP sales. So are likely to price match as its in their interest.

Reactions: TripleD
Just thought I'd bring this back up the post list to ask any new owners what they have done with regards to GAP insurance?

I took out Vehicle Replacement GAP insurance on my S4 from ALA. They price matched the quote I had from elsewhere then beat it by 10%.
I think it's worth while having as it doesn't cost that much. Most dealers only seem to offer Return To Invoice (RTI) and then inflate the prices hoping to snag those that don't shop about, or know what it actually is.

After a bit of negotiation Audi offered me it for 2 years for £199. A quick quote online was around £150. Will shop around nearer the time.

Make sure you check your car insurance. A lot of insurers provide new car cover for the first 12 months which in the event of a write off of more than 50% of the cars value will mean you get a new car of the same spec.

Audi gave me very expensive quotes for GAP, chips & dents and alloys etc. I found a lot cheaper online and they basically said there was no way they could match it.

Reactions: scotty76 and A4AvantBlackEdition
Make sure you check your car insurance. A lot of insurers provide new car cover for the first 12 months which in the event of a write off of more than 50% of the cars value will mean you get a new car of the same spec.

Audi gave me very expensive quotes for GAP, chips & dents and alloys etc. I found a lot cheaper online and they basically said there was no way they could match it.
Im finding that as well. I can get all fhe same cover for less than half the price. Looking at ALA for GAP for £132 instead of £399 from Audi.

Reactions: v1rotate
Good trick if your car is new or less than a year old. Don't buy GAP straight away, use your insurance to cover a new car. If it is written off or stolen.

Most GAP providers give you upto 180 days from purchase to buy cover.

I bought my GAP 7 days before this deadline giving me nearly 6 months extra cover on a 3 year deal.

For ALA use discount code: QU005

Also from their FAQs https://www.ala.co.uk/faq

You must apply for a policy within 365 days of delivery of your vehicle. Please note that this is the case even if your comprehensive motor insurer offers new-for-old replacement in the first year.

I'm waiting until just before the year is up to add this to my wife's Golf.

Im finding that as well. I can get all fhe same cover for less than half the price. Looking at ALA for GAP for £132 instead of £399 from Audi.

Wow, I just did a quote with ALA and even with the discount code above it was still £400 for vehicle replacement! :openmouth:

Wow, I just did a quote with ALA and even with the discount code above it was still £400 for vehicle replacement! :openmouth:
My car is only worth 32k and its a business lease through my company.

My car is only worth 32k and its a business lease through my company.

Oh yeah, that'll make the difference since mine is £56k and a 4 year term... I imagine that I could probably change it to 2 years in all honesty as I tend to trade my cars in fairly regularly and that would bring the price down a lot.

Oh yeah, that'll make the difference since mine is £56k and a 4 year term... I imagine that I could probably change it to 2 years in all honesty as I tend to trade my cars in fairly regularly and that would bring the price down a lot.
Yeah mines only 2 years, its just a stop gap while I'm traveling distances with work. I really fancy a S4/S5 convertible next.

Reactions: Daggerit
I know insurance has gone up recently but they seem dear to me, I used ALA 2 years ago and covered my 330d M Sport at £39k for £120 ish.

I know insurance has gone up recently but they seem dear to me, I used ALA 2 years ago and covered my 330d M Sport at £39k for £120 ish.

What kind of period was that over? It's very similar to my 1 year quotes but since I'm on a 4 year PCP that would be a bit useless and that's when it starts to jump up...