GAP Insurance

Madmo

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering what company you have used for GAP insurance seen as Audi want £749 for the RS3 Sport edition im getting?

Also has anyone taken out the Service & Maintenance plan with Audi?

is it any good, worth the money or a load of B*****ks

My gap insurance was around £300 for 4 years. That was the top cover they do too.

www.shortfall.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Madmo
Hi guys just wondering what company you have used for GAP insurance seen as Audi want £749 for the RS3 Sport edition im getting?

I have my RS3 GAP insurance with ‘Car2Cover 01438 870615 ask for Elaine, she is terrific and will guide you through all the options they offer.

For info I have taken the ‘Unlimited’ Option which only cost a few more pounds above the other policies they offer.

I was not even offered the Service & Maintenance plan by my dealer, although I don’t generally keep my cars for too long.

There are now only a few companies offering GAP on the RS3 at this time. Many underwriters have taken the RS3 and quite a few other ‘Performance Motors’ off their lists.

Like fully comp

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What do you mean by the Top Cover?

Standard

Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance will pay the difference between the Motor Insurers Settlement on the day it is written off, and the invoice price you paid or amount outstanding on finance which ever is the higher.

Best

Combined Vehicle Replacement Insurance will pay the difference between Motor Insurers Settlement at the point of loss and the cost of replacing it with another vehicle matching the vehicles original specification age and mileage or amount outstanding on finance which ever is the higher.

Reactions: sve170 and Madmo
Used ALA previously but will use whoever gives me the best quote (it’s not Audi!)...
Didnt think there was a service/maintenance plan available for the RS3 - I wasn’t offered it and they tried to get me to buy most things...

I got offered 3 plans

Service only for £15 per month for 4 yrs
Service & Maintenance £27 p month 4 yrs
Service & Maintenance & Tyres £52 p month for 4 yrs

The middle plan covers wear and tear on things like brakes, tyres, wipers etc

It just seems too good a deal to be true

I'd use ALA again with code 'MSE25' to get 25% off :)

Reactions: Bells and Madmo
I got offered 3 plans

Service only for £15 per month for 4 yrs
Service & Maintenance £27 p month 4 yrs
Service & Maintenance & Tyres £52 p month for 4 yrs

The middle plan covers wear and tear on things like brakes, tyres, wipers etc

It just seems too good a deal to be true

Really? I can’t believe I wasn’t told......I assume there is a saving over the term of the plan over just paying for services?

Standard

Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance will pay the difference between the Motor Insurers Settlement on the day it is written off, and the invoice price you paid or amount outstanding on finance which ever is the higher.

Best

Combined Vehicle Replacement Insurance will pay the difference between Motor Insurers Settlement at the point of loss and the cost of replacing it with another vehicle matching the vehicles original specification age and mileage or amount outstanding on finance which ever is the higher.

Mine is GAP Unlimited Policy which in effect is total replacement of my existing vehicle to the exact same spec including all additional options from the factory build. The limit is up to £150,000 over and above what my normal car insurer pays out.
It’s one insurance I hope I never have to use.

Mine is GAP Unlimited Policy which in effect is total replacement of my existing vehicle to the exact same spec including all additional options from the factory build. The limit is up to £150,000 over and above what my normal car insurer pays out.
It’s one insurance I hope I never have to use.

Sounds like a good plan.

Yes, let’s hope you never need to use it

Yeah i believe so mate

Presumably you’re leasing (PCH) rather than a PCP? If this is the case, take the service and maintenance package as it’s written in to Audi PCH contracts it has to be serviced at a main dealer and will save you money over the contract.

It will also act as a warranty in the 4th year covering mechanical and electrical defects.

Don’t bother with the tyres, audi cover wear replacement only.

Presumably you’re leasing (PCH) rather than a PCP? If this is the case, take the service and maintenance package as it’s written in to Audi PCH contracts it has to be serviced at a main dealer and will save you money over the contract.

It will also act as a warranty in the 4th year covering mechanical and electrical defects.

Don’t bother with the tyres, audi cover wear replacement only.
The car will be on a PCP deal does this matter?

Does it mean the plans aren't available to people buying outright? Confused...

Madmo, it is well worth the money, I had my 67 S& stolen in March, the insurance company offered me £29500 within 2 weeks, pretty reasonable i think, the GAP insurers paid out 2 weeks later to the full on the road price i paid, £39996, It was a traumatic experience but a new RS3 is what ive replaced it with for no extra cost to me ( same monthly payments )

I would highly recommend it, Audi GAP insurance is New for Old or payment to you to get something else.

Thanks JM im defo taking the GAP i would never be without it

Im asking if the service & maintenance plan was worth the money?

Thanks JM im defo taking the GAP i would never be without it

Im asking if the service & maintenance plan was worth the money?

Oops, yeh i miss read that.

I have my Audi's serviced by an Audi approved garage (Kent Automotive) they are less than half price of the main stealer.

Madmo, it is well worth the money, I had my 67 S& stolen in March, the insurance company offered me £29500 within 2 weeks, pretty reasonable i think, the GAP insurers paid out 2 weeks later to the full on the road price i paid, £39996, It was a traumatic experience but a new RS3 is what ive replaced it with for no extra cost to me ( same monthly payments )

I would highly recommend it, Audi GAP insurance is New for Old or payment to you to get something else.

New for old? Is that back to the on the road price you paid for the car?
If so be careful, as you may end up out of pocket, you need a policy that pays out to the full on the road cost of the new car not the original car. Otherwise you could be owing money on the new one.

When I got my S3 I took the service plan - the lowest tier - I think it was £30pm - I paid it for 10 months. And I never had a service. And then sold the car back to Audi to buy my RS3. So I paid Audi an extra £300 for nothing...

So I would look at it like this... Are you going to drive it so far it needs regular (more that once a year services)? If you are then it could be worth it. If not then I would suggest it isn’t.

In the year and half I have had my car I have had 2 services coming to a total of about £350, a set of front discs at £100 and two new tyres coming to £250 - If I took that £52pm including tyres I would have paid Audi £936 instead of the £700 it actually cost. You decide.

If your worried about punctures I’d suggest tyre insurance as that could well save you money.

Reactions: rdj
thanks for this Spinstorm that has really helped me make my mind up and not go for it, I was just worried with it being a RS that the brakes maybe like £1000 lol but you have cleared that up cheers

When I got my S3 I took the service plan - the lowest tier - I think it was £30pm - I paid it for 10 months. And I never had a service. And then sold the car back to Audi to buy my RS3. So I paid Audi an extra £300 for nothing...

So I would look at it like this... Are you going to drive it so far it needs regular (more that once a year services)? If you are then it could be worth it. If not then I would suggest it isn’t.

In the year and half I have had my car I have had 2 services coming to a total of about £350, a set of front discs at £100 and two new tyres coming to £250 - If I took that £52pm including tyres I would have paid Audi £936 instead of the £700 it actually cost. You decide.

If your worried about punctures I’d suggest tyre insurance as that could well save you money.

Two new tyres for £250 and front discs for £100, you must be referring to your S3, even then that is very cheap.

I have the Tyre & Alloy Insurance from my Audi dealer. I never thought I would need it but on my previous FL RS3 I wrecked a front tyre on a pothole, the tyre was destroyed and the alloy was slightly scuffed, with that claim alone it was worth it. The car was off the road as no spare available on the RS3. I phoned the Insurer from the roadside, recovery truck arrived within an hour, transported to dealer, was given a brand new Q5 as a courtesy car. Within 2 days the Tyre was replaced, alloy repaired and I am back on the road.

If I did not have the Alloy & Tyre insurance I would have had to pay out of own pocket for recovery truck and pay for new tyre and alloy repair. I reckon with one repair my one off premium was well worth it.

Remember, the RS3 has no spare in the boot, the can of foam may get you home but if the tyre is damaged beyond repair as mine was you won’t be able to drive it.

I thoroughly recommend the Audi Alloy & Tyre Insurance.

Reactions: rdj
I had a local garage do the service and changes. Why pay twice the price for people who know less and provide worse service?

I would only use Audi for warranty repairs or if they matched a local garage price.

So If you want to pay extra to Audi go ahead and do it. But also I wouldn’t buy any insurance for tyres from Audi.

Buy a third party policy for less.

I had a local garage do the service and changes. Why pay twice the price for people who know less and provide worse service?

I would only use Audi for warranty repairs or if they matched a local garage price.

So If you want to pay extra to Audi go ahead and do it. But also I wouldn’t buy any insurance for tyres from Audi.

Buy a third party policy for less.

Local garage service will invalidate your warranty, Audi won’t touch it after that.

Hi.
Just to let you know that we offer a product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it cane make a cost effective alternative.
Please feel free to take a look if you wish.
https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/
Regards,
Dan.

Local garage service will invalidate your warranty, Audi won’t touch it after that.

That’s not correct; also all the parts are OEM Audi. So save money and do a better job. I am not the only person to do this.

That’s wrong. Independents are fine.

However, (and call me a snob) but I’m not sure a buy a car that didn’t have a full main dealer service history. I agree that independents will probably do a better job but it smacks a little bit of penny pinching and would make me think have they cut corners elsewhere. Also for resale if I came to sell it.

That’s wrong. Independents are fine.

However, (and call me a snob) but I’m not sure a buy a car that didn’t have a full main dealer service history. I agree that independents will probably do a better job but it smacks a little bit of penny pinching and would make me think have they cut corners elsewhere. Also for resale if I came to sell it.
I would tend to disagree on the cost cutting part. I would go to an independent for the workmanship alone. Avoid main dealers at all costs.

I would tend to disagree on the cost cutting part. I would go to an independent for the workmanship alone. Avoid main dealers at all costs.

In the event your new RS has issues, if the Servicing is not done by Audi Main Dealer and you get any Warranty issues with the car they won’t touch it,

In the event your new RS has issues, if the Servicing is not done by Audi Main Dealer and you get any Warranty issues with the car they won’t touch it,

That’s just completely wrong and I’m sure other members will back me up. As long as Audi parts are used, then it’s fine to use an independent.

What I will say is that if you haven’t used main dealers then you’re unlikely to get any goodwill once the car is out of warranty.

That’s just completely wrong and I’m sure other members will back me up. As long as Audi parts are used, then it’s fine to use an independent.

What I will say is that if you haven’t used main dealers then you’re unlikely to get any goodwill once the car is out of warranty.
I've got an interesting test of their goodwill. The wife's S3 just rolled over 4 years old so out of warranty but always serviced and MOT'd at Audi. I rarely drive it but noticed recently the top mounts are knocking which was a warranty item on my RS3. Mentioned it to them at last service and even went out with a Tech. Both he and Audi tried to use every possible alternative expression other than top mounts when explaining what it could be! I'll test their resolve by asking for it to be done ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Yes DoC you are correct, my S3 was serviced by an independent garage using genuine Audi parts & my warranty issues was both done FOC

I've got an interesting test of their goodwill. The wife's S3 just rolled over 4 years old so out of warranty but always serviced and MOT'd at Audi. I rarely drive it but noticed recently the top mounts are knocking which was a warranty item on my RS3. Mentioned it to them at last service and even went out with a Tech. Both he and Audi tried to use every possible alternative expression other than top mounts when explaining what it could be! I'll test their resolve by asking for it to be done ;)

TX.

I think you’ll be fine. At the last service when you mentioned it, was it in warranty?

I think you’ll be fine. At the last service when you mentioned it, was it in warranty?
No, 4 years old at last service (just done).

TX.