Gap insurance

Rodders.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just about to spend 22k on a car and 12k of that being a loan.

thinking gap insurance might be a good idea just incase....

Which company is good to go with?

No one taken out or had to claim then?

Or advice on which policy to take, there's a few to choose from.

No one taken out or had to claim then?

Or advice on which policy to take, there's a few to choose from.

I've not purchased it myself, not purchased a new car in a while, but I know a few people who have, and had a full payout when their car was a total loss in an accident.

I thought gap insurance just pays out the full purchased value of a car in the event of a total loss? So just shop around for the best price online?

There seems to be four choices, some are clearly not for me, but I'm not 100% sure which one is.

I'll give one a ring and see what they say.

You need RTI GAP instance, which is Return To Invoice.

Gives you back the total invoice price.

Cheers guys, Chris will take a look at your site.

Shame, after 5 year cover really, yours is only 3 years.

Hi all,

Just about to spend 22k on a car and 12k of that being a loan.

thinking gap insurance might be a good idea just incase....

Which company is good to go with?
Hi,
Just to let you know that we offer a product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel that it offers a cost effective alternative. If you'd like any further details please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

I've got GAP insurance, but since my car was bought outright I've probably taken a slightly different product to you - I didn't have to worry about paying off the loan if my car is a total loss, so my insurance was more to avoid me taking the full depreciation hit if I wrote it off in the first few years (since the first 3-4 years of ownership have the biggest depreciation, and I'm intending to keep my car for 6-7, which spreads it out)

I went for a vehicle replacement scheme, whereby I don't just get the invoice amount, I get the cost of an equivalent specification car. I figured this makes sense if, like me, you get a decent discount (I got something like 15%) because it's an out-going model, and the next model is more expensive. A new model A3 with the same spec as mine would cost several thousand more, and when the new model came out discounts were nowhere to be seen.

Reactions: ChrisKnottIns