Gap Insurance

sharpr

Reaction score
Collected my new A4 last Friday.

The dealer offered me gap insurance for a further £320 for three years. I can't make up my mind whether to take it or not.

I understand the benefits that it could bring, which would be much greater than £320, however I was wandering what other people think about it.

Does anybody have any experience of claiming it?

Dont have experience of claiming it but £320 for 3 years aint bad ...think about it for peace of mind...if your car gets written off or stolen do you still want to be paying for it! I would take it mate. Your paying less than £10 a month for that cover i personally would take it, i did on mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'd always take it, excellent value for money. As CJ said, worse case scenario, at least you've got ALL your money back to purchase another car of the same value.

Worth reading the small print of the GAP insurance though, strictly NO modding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I took this aswell, its weitten on the invoice but didnt recieve any information about it though or a policy

Just read a claim about a guy with a new Picasso **Spit** who bought brand new and was involved in an accident, GAP only offered £4200 for his Thirty Day Old /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif vehicle and were adamant that that was all his car was worth.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif
Its amazing what happens when you publish it in the papers.... Final Offer was £7620.... Bit of a difference... don't know full ins and outs though. Was laminated and left lying in a Verve Dealership...?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It sickens me that you have to insure insurance.

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but just the sad environment we live in to cover every eventuality. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Funny, I wasn't even offered gap insurance for mine but bearing in mond the hassle I had getting money from insurer the last time a car of mine was written off, I would.

The irony is that they send a valuer, he gives you a stupid value for your car, and then you have to prove your car is worth more, even when its not your fault!! The worst part is that you are asked what you believe the value of your car is likely to be and your quote is partially based on this........ my advice don't bother as what you insure it for you will never get. Ask them how much they think your car is worth if written off and then insure it for that amount, premuim will be lower and you get what you anticipate.

What a f /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifn rip off insurance is; is it any wonder there are so many uninsured drivers out there.

Sorry, after my rant forgot to say take gap insurance, well worth it if only to get the full value of your car hassle free.