GAP Insurance Recommendations

Reaction score
Which companies can anyone recommend for GAP Insurance over a 3 year period? Also, is it better to get cover which pays 'return to invoice' value, or 'vehicle replacement'? No finance has been taken out for the vehicle.

Cheers, Allan

I have always use ala.co.uk personally - their products are very comprehensive, service is excellent and pricing, although not always cheapest, very reasonable. Oh, and TCB or Quidco available, too ;)

Personally, always look at the Vehicle Replacement variant, as this is fullest cover.

Which companies can anyone recommend for GAP Insurance over a 3 year period? Also, is it better to get cover which pays 'return to invoice' value, or 'vehicle replacement'? No finance has been taken out for the vehicle.

Cheers, Allan
I use GAP123 found them to be very helpful when I first bought from them, then when I changed the car they just moved the cover over to that with no hassle.

I have the complete vehicle replacement, that way you don't have to fight the dealership for any discount again! I got 21.4% of the A5 and would be lucky to get that again!!! CVR no need to worry ;)

ALA for me , full vehicle replacement and used discount from MoneySavingExpert saving I think 25%

Another ALA customer with replacement.

I believe replacement vehicle is the best one to choose if the car was discounted. They will price match and beat it so search around first. I paid around £185 for 4 years cover.

I'm with AMS Insurance "We can provide a 4 year GAP Plus policy with a 25K claim benefit for £170.00. "

Not sure if this was a discounted price though. They used to do GAP cover for an Audi dealership where my dad used to work and emailed the operations director for a quote.

www.gapinsurance.co.uk for me - better upfront pricing plus same insurer and terms and conditions as ALA although gapinsurance.co.uk don't charge cancellation fees if you cancel early.

I went for replacement gap insurance over invoice gap insurance too.

Many thanks, guys, for all your recommendations so far........anymore from anyone else???

Another vote for ALA, don't complete the deal online though, call them and they'll discount the price with a bit of haggling.

Reactions: sgtvic
Just an update to this thread, following others recommendations, I've gone with ALA Insurance, and got a great deal for their replacement vehicle plus policy, as they matched the Total Loss Gap 123 quote, and then discounted this by a further 20%.....so well pleased!! Just hope I'll never have to claim on the policy.....haha!!

Thanks for all your contributions!

has anyone used https://totallossgap.co.uk/ ?
Has anyone had to claim on GAP, and importantly, how did this work out?
I claimed on an ALA Back to Invoice policy a couple of years ago for my S3. It was pretty painless; they forked out the difference between my settlement and the price printed on my invoice. Took a couple of weeks in all (including time for the cheque to clear). I would recommend it, as it mean less haggling with the car insurance company about value (ALA just accepted their first offer).

Another vote for ALA from me. Very helpful and friendly to deal with - also when I changed the car midway through the term, they did a refund on the remaining period of the policy and added it pro-rated to a new policy.

Ive been with ALA (Which approved) for quite a few years now since they first started...I have to say Ive never had to claim but Im confident they'd produce the goods if I needed them to. Each time I change car I either use the existing or upgrade by adding what I have to a new policy. Audi stealer wanted £724 for Gap...I told them about ALA and they pretended not to know about them, only £500 cheaper !