GAP Insurance for Contract Hire

When did you get that quote from gapinsurance? Best they could do today was £105, which is still good to be fair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just yesterday Gary - although they did price match and beat a £95 quote from ALA to get there. I just played both insurers off each other tbh

Cheers
Al

Just yesterday Gary - although they did price match and beat a £95 quote from ALA to get there. I just played both insurers off each other tbh

Cheers
Al

I just did ALA quote online and it was £224...!! I put in £36k car price, £10k cover, 2 years, Protect Initial Payment of £3k. How on earth did you get a £95 quote from ALA?

I just did ALA quote online and it was £224...!! I put in £36k car price, £10k cover, 2 years, Protect Initial Payment of £3k. How on earth did you get a £95 quote from ALA?

AlnSaz likely took advantage of their price promise... they'll match any lower quote and then beat it by 20% (which sounds great, until you realise that their initial price is so much higher than almost everyone else anyway).

Looking on the gapinsurance.co.uk website for what appears to be an all but identical policy (except the gapinsurance.co.uk policy doesn't have cancellation fees unlike the ALA one which does) using your figures above it comes in at £136.20. That's a difference of £87.80. 20% of that difference is £17.56.

£136.20 - £17.56 = £118.64. Not so far way from the £95 AlnSaz mentioned - perhaps the additional difference was that his was a cheaper vehicle, lower claim limit or shorter duration?

Reactions: AlnSaz
AlnSaz likely took advantage of their price promise... they'll match any lower quote and then beat it by 20% (which sounds great, until you realise that their initial price is so much higher than almost everyone else anyway).

Looking on the gapinsurance.co.uk website for what appears to be an all but identical policy (except the gapinsurance.co.uk policy doesn't have cancellation fees unlike the ALA one which does) using your figures above it comes in at £136.20. That's a difference of £87.80. 20% of that difference is £17.56.

£136.20 - £17.56 = £118.64. Not so far way from the £95 AlnSaz mentioned - perhaps the additional difference was that his was a cheaper vehicle, lower claim limit or shorter duration?
The chap at gapinsurance.co.uk said much the same. ALA quote very high to begin with and their site 'recommends' you a high claim limit that you probably don't need
Add in my further 10% discount and you're nearly matching my quote - speak to an adviser before you sign up and push for the lowest quote :)

Reactions: GaryP
The chap at gapinsurance.co.uk said much the same. ALA quote very high to begin with and their site 'recommends' you a high claim limit that you probably don't need
Add in my further 10% discount and you're nearly matching my quote - speak to an adviser before you sign up and push for the lowest quote :)
Just been web chatting with ALA, who have now emailed me a quote of £105, which is a huge discount on the £224 the online tool was offering!!

Just been web chatting with ALA, who have now emailed me a quote of £105, which is a huge discount on the £224 the online tool was offering!!
Ask gapinsurance.co.uk to beat it and they will :)

Reactions: Theonenonly and GaryP