Gap Insurance 123 customers - Liquidation Letter

Rumpelkillskins

Reaction score
Just a quick note regarding the letters GapInsurance123 customers may have received regarding company liquidiation:

I just got back from hol to find the worlds most ambiguous letter from 'Grant Thornton Services' regarding both my policies, saying that the underwriters had gone into liquidiation. Having rung up GapInsurance123 an employee said that they, as a company are furious that the letter was sent out. They have been inundated with phone calls regarding this, and that the letter misses out vital customer information.

Basically, if you are a GapInsurance123 customer, all the policies concerned have been block transferred to a new underwriter, all policies are live, all claim phone numbers are live, nothing in their company has changed at all, yet everyone has been sent a letter saying that their policies are pretty much null and void. She said customers are able to claim full refunds pro-rata if they wish, but if no contact is made to them from customers, then the policy is left to continue as if the letter was never sent. She said they have had to have solicitors on to Grant Thornton because of the disruption caused to customers etc.

Hope this helps some people as it's not nice to come home to find your insurance company is under Supreme Court Orders of Liquidation.

P.s. The GapInsurance123 employee added that if you have this same letter and are not a customer of GapInsurance123, she obviously cannot guarantee your policy is live, but was aware this insolvency had affected a lot of insurers, and so your policy is most likely in the same boat as mine.

Just off the phone also after your message prompted me earlier.

Spoke with a gentleman who echoed what you have said. New letter due out in a few weeks detailing the new underwriter.